Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: High CPU load and controllerRefreshRate

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have noticed that the default value "0" for controllerRefreshRate causes unnecessary high CPU load for me. Even when completely idle (not playing), I see CPU loads of 30% and when playing it goes over 60%. Is this normal? Do others see this?
The help says that "0" means "as fast as possible", at about 100 times per second.
I tried other values for this setting and at about "100" (i.e. 10 times per second), the load drops to normal values (below 10%).
The only drawback I noticed was that the LEDs on the controller would not update so quickly - I can live with that.
Are there any other problems or drawbacks with this setting? Any suggestions?

Mensajes Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 4:11 pm
100 is a rather big value IMHO.
It's 10 FPS versus 100FPS of the default setting.
Please keep in mind that 100FPS is not constant. If there's more load on the CPU then VirtualDj automatically drops this so that the other systems have the power they need.
Whether or not it will affect your controller's performance depends on the controller itself. For some controllers 10 FPS is very low and some of their functions may not work properly.
I would recommend 50 FPS which means that you need to set your setting to 20ms. If you still think this is high, 40ms (25FPS) is the higher value I would recommend, while anything greater than 50ms (20FPS) is not really recommended unless you really have issues.

PS: Until very recently I was using a rather old machine to gig with. CPU was constantly between 80% and 100% but I never had any issue with it. (And yes, I was using controllerRefreshRate 0). So, CPU 30% to 60% is acceptable if you're using a not so powerful CPU.

Mensajes Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 5:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)