Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: minor bugs/issues VDJ 8.1 OSX 10.7.5

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello I would like to report some minor bugs and issues still happening on OSX 10.7.5 and stanton scs1 system:

-loop show all white instead of transparent, this bug is very rare and only a vdj8 restart fixes it

-lag on scratching after activating linein on a deck, activating/deactivating microphone on a deck, or activating timecode this is a rare lag bug, I can workaround it by changing latency up (for ex: 960) then down again (256/128), sometimes it fixes sometimes it doesnt, I have to restart. (resetting controllers does not fix)
usually I have latency set at 256, if I connect timecode I set it to Automatic(384)

-soundglitch/stutter when loading tracks, also a rare bug (songloadprio=idle ; skinFPS=18)

-soundglitch/stutter when activating loop roll, this is also rare and it happens only once, vdj8.0.?? had a similar soundglitch bug when activating FX,was fixed.

-soundglitches/stutter when browsing very long playlists, switching sideview windows very fast, browing on folders window is fine, I think this one is related to scs1d motorized platter.
thank you

Mensajes Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 1:07 pm
-lag on scratching after using search box

does anyone can confirm any of these issues?
thank you

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 4:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What are the specs of your computer ?
Any chance you can try with a different computer and/or with a newer OSX version ?

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 8:11 pm
black macbook dual core 2.2ghz, 4gbRAM, I cant update the OSX. I know I have a old laptop, but at the moment it is the only laptop I have with a firewire 400 port, I remember back in 2008 when I bought it, I use to ran Traktor pro 1.27 and then TP2 with 3 timecode and a latency of 2.8ms...
are there any more performance tweaks I can do in vdj8 or osx??
thank you

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 9:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Software become more and more demanding in nowadays . While a Dual core may was good enough a few years back, an i3 /i5/i7 is now recommended, especially if you want to go down in latency. Btw, 256 samples is considered very low, even for high spec computers.

Also not sure how the Firewire connection behaves in stability terms. Its not even used in modern laptops either.
I did love the concept of the Stanton SCS1 too, but the fact that they chose Firewire connection lead them to failure (thats personal opinion).

I have seen lots of posts from you regarding the Stanton units, and probably Team may deal with those in the future, but considering that those units are old and discontinued, my guess is that it has a very low priority.

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 10:28 pm
Hello, is it still possible to download the program with an operational system a bit older than 10.8? I have 10.7.5 and the website doesn't allow me to download. If I need an older version of Virtual DJ where do I download it from? Thank you very much!

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 3:53 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)