Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: VIRTUAL FOLDERS

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Chara05Home userMember since 2014
I recently bought a new laptop and transferred all my music and VDJ settings and data from the old laptop to the new one. I am having two issues after the transfer;
i) all my virtual folders are listing tracks in twos ie each track in a virtual folder is appearing twice in the virtual folder
ii) I can no longer add any track to any virtual folder. This is the most frustrating issue; I have tried reinstalling and recopying my data but I still cannot add a track to the virtual folders.

Any assistance offered will be of great help.

Mensajes Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 1:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you keep the same folder structure for your Music (exact path) ?
Does your new laptop have a different OS Username ?

Not being able to add new tracks to the Virtual Folders probably means that the files carry some permissions from your old computer, so those dont have write permissions anymore from the new user/computer. I guess you can check and fix that by right-clicking->Properties

If the path of a track included in a Virtual Folder is different (e.g. you have changed the Username), then perhaps you could do a batch edit to those files prior launching VirtualDJ (could heal the duplicate tracks)

Mensajes Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 5:09 pm
Chara05Home userMember since 2014
Hi, thanks for your reply. I think I may have altered the Username in the new laptop. I have not changed any folder structure, it is exactly the same as it was in the old lappie. I have tried changing the write permissions a number of time but I still cannot rectify the situation.

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 12:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If a track doesnt load (gives error on the deck), then u can right-click on this file , choose Tag Editor and see the path that VirtualDJ tries to find that track.
then you will know what to change (probably with a Batch edit on database/virtual folder/playlist etc) e.g. replace '\OldUsername\' with '\NewUsername\'

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 8:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)