Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: data in remix field disappeared

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

it seems every other build my data in the remix field disappears? suggestions?

Mensajes Sat 05 Mar 16 @ 1:07 am
Is the data itself wiped (no longer in the database or tag) or is it the display of the data in the browser?

How are you determining that it has disappeared? Where are you checking? Tag editor?

I wouldn't have expected a build update to affect the database in any way, as that's a separate file.

Mensajes Sat 05 Mar 16 @ 9:10 am
double check in 'Tag & Rename' and in MP3Tag and the data has been wiped in the field, luckily when saving the file it saved as Artist - Title (Remix) as I know in mp3 software the remix field in Virtual DJ is know as the 'Subtitle' field. Unfortunately, I found out I saved a bunch of tags and had not yet wrote the tags so it actually changed the field.

Either way, this has happened with a couple of previous builds, then a new build comes out and it's fixed. So confused.

It is also very time consuming fixing.

Suggestions?

Mensajes Wed 09 Mar 16 @ 9:05 pm

Also, I noticed some of the files the remix is now in the composer field. ????

Mensajes Wed 09 Mar 16 @ 9:08 pm
I can't decide if I should continue to enter the remix field or keep it after the title - this is 2nd/3rd time I have had to re-enter the data

Mensajes Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 6:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you use write tag to write the remix field back to the tag after editing?

Regardless, the only way it would disappear is if either your database.xml got deleted, or you used batch reload tags.

Mensajes Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 8:56 am
Nope, this has happened with some previous builds - just trying to figure out why.

it shows up in both mp3tag and tagnrename just fine. I know with tagnrename(mp3 tagging software) the remix field is considered the subtitle field.

When I look in tagnrename the 'subtitle' field is the remix field - it's just not showing up in VDJ

Also, tested in VDJ in tag editor and named it TEST TEST but could not find it in the other software.

Also, have been told by tech staff - that if the filename is artist - title (remix) - it should automatically put anything in paranthesis in VDJ and it is not.

I even moved them into a new folder. I've done batch reload tags everything....

Mensajes Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 9:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For mp4, the data is not currently stored or read from the tag.
For mp3, the subtitle field is indeed used.

To get remix from the file name, you should use the option button between artist and remix in the tag editor and select 'Get Artist/Title from filename' and getRemixWhenParsingFilenames option should be set to Yes. Otherwise it will keep the part between brackets with the title.

Mensajes Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 10:07 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)