Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: History missing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been using VDJ 8 since October last year. After a cracking Wedding on Saturday night I wanted to share the playlist.

However, it's not there! The history for October is complete as is November but then it goes a bit strange. During December it only has the history from one event and the same in January. The last history entry is in February but there should be 3 more since then.
Any clues as to why they are not showing or where they could have gone?

Mensajes Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 11:09 am
gstribPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Spiritshigh wrote :
I've been using VDJ 8 since October last year. After a cracking Wedding on Saturday night I wanted to share the playlist.

However, it's not there! The history for October is complete as is November but then it goes a bit strange. During December it only has the history from one event and the same in January. The last history entry is in February but there should be 3 more since then.
Any clues as to why they are not showing or where they could have gone?

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Mensajes Thu 24 Mar 16 @ 4:01 pm
On pc. Running W7pro

Mensajes Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 11:59 am
The track has to be played for a certain time (set in the historyDelay setting) and the deck fader has also to be beyond a certain point for the track to register.

Just checking as one of those could be the answer.

Mensajes Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 12:13 pm
Thanks for the hints. I'll have a look at it at tonight's Wedding.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with the "fader" bit as mine don't move on pc screen but volume is all ok via the MC6000.

Just check "History delay" and that's on 45 which is fine.

Mensajes Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 12:40 pm
You Sir are a star!

The onscreen faders weren't moving in conjunction with the controller so need to be manually adjusted. All sorted now.

Thanks alot.

Mensajes Sat 26 Mar 16 @ 6:41 pm
No problem, glad you're sorted.

Mensajes Sat 26 Mar 16 @ 7:07 pm
Presumably it's an MC6000 mark one and is in "external mixer" mode (as the VDJ faders are not moving).

This concerns me because surely if the VDJ audio config is set to external mixer, then the position of the software faders shouldn't come into it. That should be ignored.

Ideally the history should be created regardless of the audio mode. Fair enough if the fader position has to be up when mixing with the software, but it should be disregarded when external mixer is selected.

Mensajes Sat 26 Mar 16 @ 7:54 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you use CCleaner like I do, there is a check box to clean up VDJ history. Mine was straight up deleted by CCleaner. I had a backup and only lost 1 set before somebody here pointed me in the right direction.

Good luck!

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 11:58 am
VirtualDj registers correctly tracks when used with "External Mixer" setup.
So, the problem is not there...

BTW: I was not aware that CCleaner "cleans" VirtualDj history files...

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 12:23 pm
Not sure why the OP would have this issue then. He has stated he was using the MC6000 with the deck faders down so something's not right?

And ... CCcleaner does delete VDJ files on it's default setting which is downright dangerous. This has been reported before and I thought Atomix might have taken it up with them.

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 12:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If the faders are down on-screen vdj will indeed not log history.

By default the faders are up though, so no correction is required. Either the mixer doesn't send midi info on the fader position, and the faders stay up, or the mixer does send midi info and the fader positions match the mixer positions.

To get the faders on-screen down you'd have to manually put them down every time, or something else in the configuration would probably be wrong.

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 12:50 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Not sure why the OP would have this issue then. He has stated he was using the MC6000 with the deck faders down so something's not right?

When in external mixer setup, the volume faders (on skin) are always 100% for all decks.
In this case VirtualDj marks anything played more than the "historyDelay" setting in seconds as played even when you are just previewing the track since it doesn't know if a deck is on air or not.
The volume faders (on skin) would not move unless:
1) The user manually changes their position via mouse
2) Fake actions are used by the mapper.

First case needs to be confirmed by the user. If that was the case though he should not get any sound by the decks, thus he would not be able to prelisten songs, play them out on air e.t.c.
Second case would not produce any issue with history since the faders position always match the controllers position (and so VirtualDj knows when a deck is on air)

There's a third case that could occur with a unit like MC6000 that could cause issues, but not with history:
If the user uses external mixer mode and does NOT use fake commands for the mixer. In that case both Hardware and VirtualDj mixer would work at the same time.
The user would not be able to prelisten songs and the movements of volume faders would have double effect.
However history would still get recorded properly since the skins volume faders would correctly follow the controller ones and VirtualDj would know which deck is on air.

So, after explaining all this I tend to believe that it's something else and not the volume faders being closed by the user.
BTW: By default MC6000 works with internal mixer setup on VirtualDj 8.

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 1:00 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
VirtualDj registers correctly tracks when used with "External Mixer" setup.
So, the problem is not there...

BTW: I was not aware that CCleaner "cleans" VirtualDj history files...

I can verify 100%, there is a check box for VDJ 7 history and I found out about it on these forums. One of many threads.

http://virtualdj.com/forums/191027/General_Discussion/Piriform_CCleaner.html

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 16 @ 4:44 pm
Yes, CC Cleaner will delete history by default, but if the OP does not have it, we can rule that out. My history is in tact with the MC6000 in external mixer mode, so there has to be something else.

Mensajes Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 7:47 pm
I just re read to confirm, but he never replied that he did not have CCleaner. Hint taken, good luck!

Mensajes Thu 31 Mar 16 @ 1:57 am
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I had an issue on Sat that I've had randomly before where only half the tracks are recorded in the history, more precisely every other track is missing from the history?

I used an American Audio VMS4.1 which is a real mixer (so fake mixer in VDJ8), the crossfader was disabled but I think pushed left out of the way. Deck faders showed up corrrectly when playing.

After reading this I'm now wandering if the crossfader position caused only the left-hand decks to be recorded in the history even though the crossfader itself was disabled. Had been wandering for months why this was randomly (& very annoyingly) happening, at least now I have a possible cause...

Mensajes Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 12:46 am
This happened to me once, with the MC600o, so it's not the controller. I forgot what I did to rectify it (old age). However, I always have used the MC6000 in the external mode, and the history works fine, so it has nothing to do with sliders or cross faders (mine is disabled).

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 12:57 am
Guys, please, i'm new with Virtual DJ 2018, i tried to record a sample and i figuired out that i can't erase it. So, i accidentally deleted the whole record folder and now i can't record. Anybody know how to turn that folder back or some other solution to record?

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 9:13 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)