Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: Display Big Waveform XDJ-700

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

I'm glad the Pioneer XDJ-700 is natively supported by VDJ8, but I really want the Big Waveform to display and on screen keyboard (search)functionality on the XDJ-700.
Recordbox (connected with usb and not export on a usb stick) is supporting big waveforms in HID for the XDJ-700 and XDJ-1000 since december 2015, so it must be a software thing and not hardware related.

Is there a chance that VDJ will make this (more) options possible for the XDJ-700 (and XDJ-1000)?

Mensajes Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 10:25 am
When we initially supported the devices RDJ was not using the big waveform. Also there's no new firmware (at least for XDJ-1000 which is our base/test model) since last August.

However we will investigate again. If indeed XDJ-1000 is capable to show the big waveform with RDJ then we will try to support that as well and we will pass the feature on XDJ-700.

Mensajes Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 11:14 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
When we initially supported the devices RDJ was not using the big waveform.

Correct, I have tested RDJ and at that time, this didn't work.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Also there's no new firmware (at least for XDJ-1000 which is our base/test model) since last August.

Correct, the firmware didn't change, so that's why I dare to ask VDJ for support :)

PhantomDeejay wrote :
However we will investigate again. If indeed XDJ-1000 is capable to show the big waveform with RDJ then we will try to support that as well and we will pass the feature on XDJ-700.

Yihaa! great news!

If I can help, let me know.

Mensajes Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 11:33 am
Never mind.. I asked a Pioneer employee that made a youtube of the waveforms working on the XDJ with a laptop. Only works with Ethernet cable.. Or can VDJ do that too ? :)

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 7:18 am
Ethernet means "PRO Link"
In other words the "host" application feeds the file on the XDJ and the XDJ works as a stand-alone device (the same way it works by reading a file from a USB flash drive)
That's pretty much how all Pioneer devices with "PRO Link" used to work with Rekordbox prior "Performance Mode"

No VirtualDj doesn't work this way nor we see a reason why it should.

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 3:24 pm
Let's hope Pioneer will leave the "you must use RB" policy and make there hardware/firmware compatibility 100% suitable for everyone.

VDJ gives me all options I need and much more and I really prefer the quick and easy way VDJ archives my 4Tb disk with video, karaoke and music in one easy and fast database.

RB can't help me with this without double up my disk space and wait for months to compose the database...

So I would rather sell my XDJ's than leaving VDJ.

Thanks for your replies Phantom and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a XDJ firmware upgrade...

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 3:47 pm
To be honest after the release of NXS2 series a lot of users asked Pioneer if NXS series would receive an update so that they could also see the big waveforms on their CDJ's with Rekordbox Performance mode as well.
Pioneer said that it may consider a firmware upgrade in the future, however I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
But, if Pioneer decides to update the firmware on NXS series then most likely it will also update XDJ-1000 and XDJ-700 as well.

If that happens then we will do our best to support the big waves as well.

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 4:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)