Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: Backspin and Cue Button - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi again,

So again in the versadeck found something that works in VDJ7 and now that i am trying to convert to VDJ 8 something annoying, i usually do some backspins and effects on transitions, now in the heat of the moment you backspin and i hit the cue button to stop the track, this works perfectly in VDJ 7, however in VDJ8 if i back spin the track and hit the cue button it doenst stop i have to hit it again but by that time the track starts to play again a bit. any ideas ?

Mensajes Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 5:11 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Make sure green is on.
Enjoy VDJ

Mensajes Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 11:25 pm
HELLO...

I have been using the Numark cue the last three years....

I recently bought the Numark Mixtrack 3....

How can i get both to work together ?

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 4:11 am
ohshit wrote :
Make sure green is on.
Enjoy VDJ

thanks where can i find this on VDJ 8?, i knew it must be some new setting :)

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:37 pm
charitha19 wrote :
hi again,

So again in the versadeck found something that works in VDJ7 and now that i am trying to convert to VDJ 8 something annoying, i usually do some backspins and effects on transitions, now in the heat of the moment you backspin and i hit the cue button to stop the track, this works perfectly in VDJ 7, however in VDJ8 if i back spin the track and hit the cue button it doenst stop i have to hit it again but by that time the track starts to play again a bit. any ideas ?

I been looking for this option also for a long time, if you find out please share thanks. The cue button should disable backspin that's how it works

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 7:59 pm
ohshit wrote :
Make sure green is on.
Enjoy VDJ

He's talking about a real backspin, not an effect backspin so this won't help

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:04 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
ohshit wrote :
Make sure green is on.
Enjoy VDJ

He's talking about a real backspin, not an effect backspin so this won't help

yeah, for me i want this for a real backspin, not the effect so it should work for me, i think for you try hitting the play pause button at least it will stop the backspin for playing again right

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:10 pm
oh sorry,

yeah not the "effect" for a real manual backspin, this is where the problem is...on VDJ7 this works like a charm.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:22 pm
I think there is a script that can achieve this, maybe Adion or one of the team can confirm

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 10:11 pm
Hi

So I tried doing different things and setting still no way I found on VDJ8 that does this. Guessing it's the new code in VDJ8 that is preventing the cue button from stopping the song while the jog wheel is spinning?

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 11:32 am
The only way you could achieve that would be to change the mapping of the jogwheel.

That's because even when a deck is stoped, the jog still can be used to seek/scratch the song. Also keep in mind that when doing backspins VirtualDj uses some kind of inertia in order to provide more realistic sound.

What you can do:

Change the mapping of your jog to:

play ? touchwheel : cue ? touchwheel_touch ? touchwheel : nothing : pause ? touchwheel

This script will "cut" the messages from the jogwheel when the needle rests on a cue-point.
The drawback is that when the track is cued you need to use the touch sensitive area of the jog (top) in order to seel/scratch the deck. Otherwise the track won't move.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 11:52 am
Hi

Thanks for this I will try this and see if it works. Any reason why it works on VDJ 7 without any change.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 12:15 pm
Different engine, different logic, different software actually (version 8 was written from scratch)

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:11 pm
tried the mapping under jog and jog touch but still not stopping when i press on cue, once the track starts back only the cue button stops the track

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 1:39 am
There must be a way to get the cue button to stop the backspin, it works in every other DJ software I have used in HID mode. Come on team here's a challenge for you guys :-)

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 7:57 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Different engine, different logic, different software actually (version 8 was written from scratch)

Yes different code, but shouldn't change core features which was loved by many and standard in other software. Why do I have to wait for the platter to stop spinning before quickly accessing a cue?

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 12:38 pm

Mensajes Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 8:07 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
This is the problem. On other software i'm able to backspin and quickly return to my last cue point by pressing the cue button. Currently the workaround I use is the hot cues but that runs away slightly if the platter is still spinning.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mprb26uliey5r5r/20160608_224444.mp4?dl=0

yep, this is exactly the issue.

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 12:34 am
http://sendvid.com/ddz8gscz

this showing how i have to hit the cut mutiple times and it only works when the backspin is done. on vdj 7 its instant.

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 1:31 am
On the CDJs in HID mode when you backspin and press cue, it creates a temporary cue point. Surely no one wants to create a cue point in a backspin? Only when the platter is touched should that function be active

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 4:46 pm
95%