Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VMS4.1 randomly jumps pitch

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey folks, just throwing this out there to any fellow VMS4.1 owners - ever been happily mixing away, when all of a sudden the right hand deck speeds up wildly for no apparent reason? I normally have my pitch range set to +/-10%, but when this happens the range often changes itself to something much higher, 40% for example.

I suspect the deck has tried to sync with whatever I'm playing on the other side, although I can't be sure, as I've never taken the time to notice the BPM reading when this happens - it's a panic moment of "oh crap, what's going on? Quick, slow that deck down!". Rest assured I didn't press the sync button, I'm usually operating the transport controls on the opposite deck when it happens. Could it be a mapping problem, a glitch with the controller sending out random unwanted MIDI messages, or an issue with VDJ itself? Before I start messing with the mappings and taking hardware to bits, I thought I'd ask on here and see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Mensajes Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 1:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Where is the setting ControllerTakeoverModePitch set to ?
If its on pickup, you shouldnt have such issues.

Did this sudden pitch change happen when you pressed PLAY on that deck or when it was first loaded (if u noticed the BPM) or at a random time while the deck was playing ?

Mensajes Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 3:16 am
Yep, it's on pickup.

Just been doing some more experimenting in the last few minutes. The problem seems to be with the cue button on the left deck. Not every time, but occasionally, pressing the left cue button will also send a sync command to the right deck. Disastrous when live - you've just started playing a track on the right deck, and as you go to stop the left deck ready to load a new song, the right deck suddenly jumps in pitch! Obviously, if you've beatmixed that previous track then it has no effect, but if the two songs weren't beatmatched (as if often the case if I'm playing a rock set for example) it's very noticeable!

I've checked the mapping and there's nothing weird assigned to the cue button that could cause this, so I can only assume it's the controller itself sending a spurious command to VDJ, if the problem was in VDJ itself I'm sure somebody would have noticed that before! Looks like I'll be grabbing the screwdriver and/or investing in a new controller. Shame if that's the case, as I really rate the VMS4.1...

Mensajes Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 3:26 am
Aha... I'm not the only one to have this problem!

http://forums.americandj.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/727105965/m/5520072566

Weird that they put it down to a mapping issue though. I checked the controller mapping in VDJ config, and the cue button is set to be a cue and nothing else. Plus, surely if the cue mapping was the problem, it would affect the right hand button as well? Also, it doesn't always do it, just now and again. I'm confused.

Mensajes Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 3:38 am
Well I've remapped the transport buttons. Play button is now play/pause, pause button is now the cue, and the cue button that was causing all the trouble is now not mapped to anything. It's going to take some getting used to having to use the pause button as the cue, but at least it works now.

Mensajes Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 3:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)