Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: 8.2 and external windows

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

Since 8.2 is out, I noticed 2 issues regarding external windows that are really annoying to me, and that I hope are only temporary.

Sorry for my bad english I'll try to make myself clear as much as possible.

Everytime I launch VDJ, or select another skin then go back to mine, and it is set to show the 4-decks layout (w/ext browser), the ext window won't show, thus the according menu is ticked. I didn't change anything in the skin and the window was showing just perfectly fine in 8.1, either when launching VDJ or uppon skin select. Right now to show the window I must either :
- select another layout then select the 4 decks w/ext browser again
- untick the menu item in the atomix menu then tick it again
Do I have to change anything in order to make it work like it was in 8.1 ? Something I should implement I am not aware of ?

In 8.1, both main and external windows were considered to be in the same focus globe. Like if I trigger a knob in main window, then decide to just scroll with the mousewheel in the ext browser, it would work without the necessity to click in the other window.

In 8.2, the focus globe isn't the same anymore. Like if I trigger a button in main window, the scrolling with mousewheel won't work in the ext browser until I click in that window to give it the focus. In the other hand, if I browse some tracks, then I want to trigger a fader in main window with mousewheel, it won't work until I click in the main window.

This 2nd problem is the most upsetting of the two, I constantly have to click in each window in order to give it the focus, loosing a lot of time... Sometimes misclicking on some important stuff. Is that a wanted behavior ? I really liked how it was in 8.1 but now... ext windows are pretty unusable for me...

I get the same behavior in 3 diff computers with 8.2 installed.

So... Bug or feature ? If feature can we revert back to like it was before ?

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 12:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Took a quick look and found this..
<oninit action="var '@$v8bf_layout' 3 ? nothing : show_window 'external_browser' 0"/>

I chose from the menu to have Explorer -->External. The window showed up.
I then assigned a custom button as var '@$v8bf_layout' 3 ? on : off
Switched to Default skin, then back to yours.
The custom button was off, meaning that the var was not set to 3, so the show_window 'external_browser' 0 is executed.
How do you expect the Window to come up on this case, or do i miss something here ?

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 12:42 pm
djdad wrote :
Took a quick look and found this..
<oninit action="var '@$v8bf_layout' 3 ? nothing : show_window 'external_browser' 0"/>

The behavior is : IF layout 3 is ON (the 4decks w/ext browser) AND the ext window is/was shown, then do nothing (let the ext window appear) OTHERWISE (if any of the other layouts is ON), HIDE the window.

In other words, when starting VDJ, it checks if any other layout than the 4-decks one is activated, and in that case hides the external browser. In the case the 4-decks layout is activated, let the window show (or not) according to any previous choice (mostly, shown).

djdad wrote :
I chose from the menu to have Explorer -->External. The window showed up.
I then assigned a custom button as var '@$v8bf_layout' 3 ? on : off
Switched to Default skin, then back to yours.
The custom button was off, meaning that the var was not set to 3, so the show_window 'external_browser' 0 is executed.
How do you expect the Window to come up on this case, or do i miss something here ?

All that is to be expected, because if you choose any layout BUT the layout 3, you already have a nested browser so you don't want to show one more browser in a pop-up window.

So to try, you should :
- select the 4-decks w/ext browser layout, and check that 2 windows are open
- close VDJ
- open VDJ, and the expected behavior is : the external window is shown (and the menu is ticked)

It worked flawlessly in 8.1. But in 8.2 when restarting VDJ, the external window is hidden, and the menu is ticked. There's the new behavior.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 1:43 pm
In other words, at startup, VDJ doesn't check the status of the 2nd window anymore, it simply hides it.

In 8.1, if a 2nd window was open, it would have been reopen after a restart.

I should have started by this simple statement, sorry I can be confuse when trying to explain things in english.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 1:50 pm
Ok, to get further and based on what you suggested, I tried to just force the external window to show at startup without any condition :

<oninit action="show_window 'external_browser' 1"/>

The window is still not showing.

Mensajes Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 10:51 am
Weird...

I was playing a song in VDJ, 2 windows open, main + external. And I did something besides VDJ in windows that brought a UAC dialog asking me to become administrator. Clicked yes. External window suddenly disappeared.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 10:33 am
Both issues still happen in build 3343.

Mensajes Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 10:57 am
"Development Team" wrote :
-Fix windows in multi-window skin not showing on load

Ok, thank you so much guys you rock, 1 is addressed.

Stills, 2 is remaining.

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 11:07 am
I have issues with my program upon launch, it opens the explorer external window (& is hidden behind main window) every time & that causes problems with my keyboard shortcuts for the split panels.
Is there a way to disable it upon launch?
I am aware you just have to go into drop menu & disable it but I should not have to do it every time right?

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 3:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)