Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Sound Setup Question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi all
i need to know how to make virtual dj 8.2 play songs in a higher volume
as i feel that the sound goes quieter when i mix for a while i mean after a mixing for 30min
am using pioneer ddj sz and its sound card not the laptop
and in the utility set-up the usb output is set to -5db so is this effecting if i changed it to another value
and if i stopped the limiter will it make the sound powerful
i need an advice to keep the sound as powerful as it can get without loosing the quality of it
as when i play from the cdjs the sound is super great but when i use the controller i feel the volume and quality decreases
thx in advance

Mensajes Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 8:42 pm
It is natural to feel that the music is quieter after a while. This is because your ears get used to it.

You should be able to see from your VU meters that the volume level hasn't changed.

Mensajes Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 10:10 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Yes, it's called ear fatigue. That's one of the reasons that ear plugs are recommended. You can get them where the music is just as clear for mixing, but it's not as loud in your ears.

This is common and can be dangerous over time to DJs. It's a well known issue. If you get the ear plugs, you will probably actually prolong the life of your equipment and make your customers happier. Since you won't constantly be turning the volume up, your equipment won't be driven as hard by the end of the night.

I wouldn't think that VDJ is responsible for the apparent quietness over time.

Mensajes Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 9:57 am
Yes it happens. While you are behind the mix. Check you vu meters. And if you can get an spl meter or in an free app on your phone to get a better result of your set up.

GK

Mensajes Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 9:12 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What is your setting "autoGain" set to?
If it is "auto+remember", please change it to "auto"

Mensajes Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 12:14 pm
i made my asio usb gain set to -5db and i don't know if it effects the audio out or not
and i stopped the limiter from working as well
ill try the auto+remember to auto as suggested

Mensajes Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 3:06 am
deejay_willy wrote :
i made my asio usb gain set to -5db and i don't know if it effects the audio out or not
and i stopped the limiter from working as well
ill try the auto+remember to auto as suggested

If you mean the setting on DDJ-SZ ASIO panel then that's used only when recording from DDJ-SZ internal audio loop back.
Generally this setting should be kept in low levels (-10db) so that you have enough headroom when you record your mixes.
After you're done with recording then you can use an audio editor to normalize the file.

PS: DDJ-SZ has a master volume attenuation setting in it's "Settings mode" You can use the "Settings mode" (page 24 on SZ manual) to change it, but by default it's already on maximum setting (0db)

Mensajes Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 12:21 pm
i'll try that too
thx all
i'll come back with a feedback to tell what happend
once again thx to all
Virtual dj is the best all the way

Mensajes Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 10:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)