Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: some weirdness with b3390

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

this ONLY happens with ONE song and one song only...

the song still plays just fine so far but the times in there are just really off.

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 11:40 pm
Its the file. I have seen that happen for years, even back in the winamp days. Yes the track time make have been correct at one time but something is corrupted in the file that deliverers that information to the player. Its weird

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 3:21 am
interesting. I thought it was just weirdness doing it across 2 computers and on 2 different versions of the same file

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 3:37 am
I have seen files say they are 4 hours long and even match on the track position but in reality it was only like 4 mins and plays fine lol weird

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 3:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The same song shows the correct time in the current stable version?

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 7:31 am
just installed public build 3343 and it does show correct length and time remaining

this didn't do it in any previous early access. and where I work is VERY time specific so kinda threw me off and is why I noticed it

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 8:34 am
Bitrate 64 seems rather low (or wrong).

How's the file encoded? CBR or VBR?

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 9:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The file is probably 22khz, will be fixed in next build. (Although it is probably a good idea to replace the file with a better quality one if you plan to use it in public :) )

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 10:39 am
the file is 22050hz (I had to look) and is an edit I did years ago that has played with no issue. and with 8.2 sounds even better than before but even other files as old sound much much better with 8.2 (kudos to the devs!)

so for an experiment I installed b3390 again and lo and behold... below a certain hz... the time/length is off. interesting.

ah well.. back to the grind. still trying to figure out the other issue with Loop Out

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 10:55 am
You really should get yourself a copy that's 44100. At 22K sample rate there won't be any high frequencies over 10K.

Now OK, maybe the track doesn't have a lot of highs in it anyway, and maybe you can't hear that high anyway (depending on your age etc) but 44100 is a well established standard and shouldn't cause any playback issues in software or hardware - and will sound better to boot.

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 1:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)