Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: video and image slideshows - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

You could probably do it but not easy and no incentive to add to free version.

You mention you have a Video button... If you also have an Image button... you could have 2 named versions of TM and one does video and one does images.

It you want it to work exactly like you want, I will add it to TM plus which is a low donation. You can get a lot out of me by participating. Otherwise I feel like I am doing it for nothing.

http://www.tellyvisuals.com

Mensajes Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 12:25 am
And indeed, you are right: you would be doing it for no money in return. This is the cruel reality of the world: nothing goes without money. That goes for you and for me both. Now, I've visited your site a while ago and understand you are a one-man-development-team, and if anyone deserves to get my money, than it's you... but... and this is all none of your fault... I have spent a lot of money on software that I couldn't use because it was changed drastically (Firetext) or because support was non-existent (Comfort) or the online activation of the software became inaccessible and thus the software unusable (Emulator). I feel cheated and have not purchased one single new software since. Even if I would really need a new program, I would think hard before investing... As I said, this is not your problem, it's mine. But maybe, at least, you'll understand why I haven't donated to your plugin.

Just to clarify, all this ranting was NOT to convince you to make an exception for me or to modify anything: as I said before, I accept the fact that your plugin is not the right thing for me because of the lack of VDJscripting control.

I wish you success with your plugin and support you in silence.

Mensajes Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 9:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Fyi, I will see if I can shorten the delay when switching to a new folder for the native slideshow

Mensajes Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 11:46 am
I am not really pushing anything but just a note about support. I take it seriously and my support goes beyond just TM and TV and will try to help you out with anything. Please don't put me in the same class as some companies :) when it comes to support. Donations don't help me much because it can take weeks to do anything decent with programming but the donations do one thing that I like. It makes you part of a team and I get at least some commitment from you.

Mensajes Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 1:22 pm
Oh, I didn't think that was possible. That would be awesome, Adion!

I understand Don. And I do NOT think you're the same as those other guys... I had already gathered that from your web site ;)

Mensajes Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 2:28 pm
I just tried the new version of VDJ and the transition is muuuch quicker now, but you still see a split second of the last image of the last used slideshow when starting another sildeshow. I suppose it wasn't possible to make the change instantly. I thank you anyway (and very much) for this tweak, Adion!

Mensajes Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 11:04 am
I see there are many scripts here. Is there a confirmed script to assign a key to toggle a slideshow on/off with the location?

Mensajes Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 3:08 pm
effect_select 'audioonlyvisualisation' 'SlideShow' ? on & effect_select 'audioonlyvisualisation' 'None' : effect_select 'audioonlyvisualisation' 'SlideShow'

that will toggle slideshow on and off, not sure what you mean by location. Adion gave me the above, so credit to him

Mensajes Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 3:15 pm
Thanks for that. By location I mean the folder path of the slideshow photos. I was looking to have separate folders of photos to use in the slideshow. So for example, if I select CMD+J it will turn on the slideshow with the first folder of photos and CMD+K would be the slideshow with a different folder of photos.

Mensajes Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 3:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 'c:\myimages\'
should work for that

Mensajes Wed 25 Jan 17 @ 4:12 am
Thanks for getting back to me. I tried both the commands below with no luck (I am on a mac if thats makes a difference). Any thoughts on why that might not be working?

deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 '/Users/Hoff/Pictures/Zaps/'
deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 '/Users/Hoff/Pictures/Zaps'

Mensajes Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 2:25 am
It appears deck master at least from a skin or pad button does not work. It works when a plugin sends the command and maybe some other ways but not working for me here from skin buttons.

The video_fx script functions and it's variants work with deck master

for example this works: deck master video_fx_select 'TellyMedia'

It appears none of the effect_ functions work for the master but work for decks.

this does not appear to work: deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 'some path'

does not work: deck master effect_select 'Slideshow'

this works: deck left/right effect_select 'Slideshow'

The event is never fired to the plugin when referring to master with any of the effect_* commands as far as I can tell.

Not sure how pass a string to a plugin when you are referring to the master from a custom skin button.

Mensajes Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 8:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck master effect_select "Slideshow"
deck master get_effect_string 'slideshow' 1 'C:\Users\Vaio\Pictures\New folder'
working here from a pad page. 3573 windows

Mensajes Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 10:38 pm
deck master effect_select "Slideshow" does not select slideshow from skin or pad button for me meaning it would not be loaded to accept any command

deck master video_fx_select 'whatever plugin' does work.

deck master get_effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 'some path' does work as long as it is loaded but you are setting the string and not retrieving one but could live with that. I think effect_string should work but god only knows... Why would effect_string work on a deck and not for the master? From a skin button that is. Works fine for internal coding. My guess it is because of some hold over anomaly from VDJ7.

...because there is also effect_command which does not work when reference is master... that is similar to effect_string as the string can be interpreted by the plugin to do whatever... No work around for that one though except don't use it or use get_effect_string &@*#*@&#

All of the above work when called from within the plugin for the master... consistency and documentation problems and probably bugs... I can't say for sure because I have run into scripting problems that ARE problems before...

3573 windows

Mensajes Thu 26 Jan 17 @ 11:12 pm
Confirmed what Don is saying. I am not able to turn on the slideshow as a master effect, however once it engaged I am able to switch the folder location with the script addion provided: deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 '/Users/Hoff/Pictures/Zaps/

If anyone has a known script to activate the slideshow on the master deck, I would be grateful. I will also mention this to support tomorrow, see if they have a solution (although I won't hold me breathe).

Thanks all for the assistance!

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 1:39 am
deck master video_fx 'Slideshow' : toggles activation on master

deck master effect 'Slideshow' active : toggles activation as well - the word active is necessary but it works as a toggle

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 2:01 am
Sorry, I misunderstood you in your initial mail. That worked as expected. Thanks Don!

Now just need TM for Mac and ill leave you alone! ;o)

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 2:06 am
dj5826 wrote :

Now just need TM for Mac and ill leave you along! ;o)

Yup been waiting awhile for that to happen as well........

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 2:23 am
When Pangolin first came on board here, it was stated that there would be mac versions depending on the support from the community here. It was nil and chased companies away. I stayed only because my heart is in it. I knew things would be tough. I knew things would be a whole lot easier for me to walk away. Certainly I would not be struggling to pay the bills each month.

After the companies left there was some kind of shake up and no one was allowed to talk about anything involving third parties about selling anything. No links nothing. I believe someone said that they just want people doing things for free. No incentive to do that unless maybe it is fun or you are learning etc. For sure a part time endeavor. This lasted about a year and a half but they lightened up some months back.

I am doing the best I can and more than most would do. Trust me, I want so much more. I am good being poor :) but still have to earn a living from time to time.

Some people have been supportive for sure and I have made some good life long friends. The more you donate the more time I can spend on the plugins. I have a lot of new stuff. I have been rebuilding everything to be cross platform. But it is taking a very long time I know. That is why I have been updating the current versions of TV and TM. I just don't expect people to wait forever and felt I needed to do that.

Donations = more time spent for you all

http://www.tellyvisuals.com

PS: I am not a sales pitch kind of guy and hate to ask for anything. When I write these post about donations it rubs me the wrong way but it is just a fact of needing to do it. I don't mind so much posting here and complaining about some things. I know things don't always come out right but my expectation is for things to be good and that is all and not meant to offend. I can't spend all night trying to be nice all the time lol.

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 5:05 am
Just a couple more notes about using script to change a path or whatever and will use Slideshow for an example.

If you use get_effect_string to change a path for Slideshow it writes an ini entry for it. So it does not have to be loaded and next time Slideshow is activated it will use the path that you set.

If slideshow has been loaded, meaning it is selected or activated, directed script (meaning you have designated a deck or master in the script) can have odd consequences. Whenever a plugin is loaded, that is a new instance of the plugin. If a plugin is loaded on a deck and on the master, there are 2 instances of the plugin. There are also 2 interfaces, one for each instance. I suppose you could have script buttons for every possible scenario but that would be silly. It can get worse if the plugin is an audio only visualization. It means you can not actually know what is being set from a normal expectation view which is a source of confusion. I used to complain about these things and spent a lot of time doing it to no end. Built in confusion is part of VDJ and I just about give up on complaining about it. It works well enough for most but you should be aware of these things. Part of the underlying understanding is 'don't do that'. I was wondering why there isn't a "don't do that" section in the docs. haha. The odd ball cases are not explained anywhere. The assumption must be you should automatically know not to do them or in practice you don't run across them that often.

For TV and TM, I made it look like you are controlling a single instance of the plugins no matter how many times it has been loaded. They can still be activated individually but they have a single user interface that controls all instances. It just makes it less confusing I think rather than not knowing what is being set depending on deck placement. You can have multiple copies of TV or TM by renaming them to whatever to get different behaviors. For TV you can get a completely different look by loading a new layout. I believe the intent for plugins is that they should do one simple thing but there is no way to get a cohesive display doing multiple things this way. I have never ever wanted to do some simple plugin thing and there is no interest in that for me. Clearly people want to do more than one thing without trying to shoe horn various plugins trying to do it. Some don't care about it and that is fine.

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 5:47 pm
87%