Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: Controller Mapping syntax question, can't find answer in Wiki

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
VDJ 8.1 Pro on Windows. Using Behringer CMD-DC1 Controller. I've currently mapped a rotary knob for each deck to do an EQ increase/reduce of the low and mid frequencies, and it works perfectly. (deck 1 eq_low & deck 1 eq_mid ... [both matched in their amount of change up/down] etc).
I want to add the eq_high to the control, but not at the same rate of increase/decrease. Example, if the low and mid are reduced by 50%, then the high is reduced by 25% and it can carry that proportion through all adjustments up or down.
I've tried the 'param_multiply' verb but that's not working. What is the correct language to make proportional adjustments to a knob?
Thanks much!!!
:-)

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 5:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck 1 eq_low & deck 1 eq_mid & param_multiply 0.5 & param_add 0.25 & deck 1 eq_high

multiplies the calling slider by 0.5, but then to have eq high centred when the dial is centred add 0.25
maths for other scales to be centred

(constant 1 - scaling factor ) / 2 = correction

multiply by your scale, and add the correction.

*added to Script Database

hang about, is it a dial or encoder?

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 5:38 pm
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks! That got me pointed in the right direction ... and solved.
The controller isn't native so there's some finessing to do with it. It's 2 knobs (in a row of 4 knobs) so the "action deck ?" syntax must be used.
It used to look like this:
action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 eq_low & eq_mid : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 eq_low & eq_mid : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 pitch

Now looks like this:
action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pitch : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 eq_low & eq_mid & param_multiply 0.0170 & deck 1 eq_high : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 eq_low & eq_mid & param_multiply 0.0170 & deck 2 eq_high : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 pitch

This formula causes it to make a proportionally smaller change to the high than it does to the low and mid; just what I needed.
Thanks again!! :-)

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 9:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)