Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Treat extended Touch events as Right-Click

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Right-click skin events should be accessible using a touch screen. Elsewhere in the operating system, holding your press simulates a right-click action. I'd like to suggest that VirtualDJ should adopt this behavior, but because of the possibility of extended mouse events (duration 1000ms etc.), perhaps the following could be used:

Touch = left click
Touch and hold up to 1000ms = left click and hold
Touch at least 1000ms = right click and reset duration
Touch longer = right click and hold

Take the Pause/Stop button in the default skin as an example:
Left click = toggles between cues, first beat, and start of song
Right click = Cue to first beat
Right click more than 500ms = Unload deck

In this instance, touching the button less than 1s would toggle between cues, first beat and start of song. Holding it in for 1000-1499ms would always go to first beat. Holding it in for 1500ms or more would unload the deck.

Mensajes Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 2:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
all of the above is already possible with VDJ Skin Engine. However, we avoid using right-click, holding etc in the Touch skins on purpose.
When you use a regular mouse, right-click is instant, or rather , system doesnt wait to see if its a left or right-click. With touchscreens its different. When you touch a skin element, if there was a right-click or a holding action along with the left-click one, system would have to wait until you release the button to see which action needs to be executed. so , that would delay actions that need to be fast/instant.
E.g. action : hotc_cue X , right-click or holding : delete_cue X. You wouldnt want that on a touchscreen skin, because the hotcues would not be instant. Similar cases for loops, cue, effects etc. Its only a few cases where the additional actions dont have any impact to the performance e.g a LOAD button could indeed have a holding action to unload.

Mensajes Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 8:16 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I believe it should be possible to emulate a kinda "shift" button somewhere on the skin that would show on buttons the rightclick action and trigger it with a second touch while holding the "shift" one ? Just like the shift button do on controllers. Would it work with multi-touch screens ?

Mensajes Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 4:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes a Shift button is a much better approach to offer additional functionality to skin elements. Multitouch skin already offers that if anyone wants to check.

Mensajes Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 5:16 pm
Really the only thing I'm missing right now that I can't accomplish using my touchscreen on the default (non-touch) skin is Unload. Previously, I could easily modify the default skin to have it do what I wanted. But I don't see the default skin ZIP or XML and BMP in the Skins folder anymore?

Mensajes Fri 23 Dec 16 @ 3:32 am
In options / interface on bottom right is option to "save / edit skin" for the default skins.

Mensajes Fri 23 Dec 16 @ 4:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)