Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: BPM - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

It isn't any specific track, just any of them.
I have a dj cd player with pitch control.
The bpm given by Virtual DJ is from ripped copies from the CD's I have.
I just want to play songs from beginning to end with the correct full track bpm.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 7:22 pm
OK I'll try again. What exactly are you trying to do?

You want to "play songs from beginning to end", well what's stopping you from doing that? Surely the files you've ripped play in VDJ.

Are you saying that VDJ has analysed the BPM incorrectly on all the tracks you've ripped from CD? How do you know it's incorrect? Surely if you've digitally ripped tracks from a CD then they (the copies in VDJ) will be exact duplicates of the ones on the CD.

Again, give specific information. Name at least one track that youre using, because at the moment I think most people reading your posts will be lost as to what the problem is.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 8:06 pm
They play in Virtual DJ at the bpm given, they play from beginning to end on my cd player at that bpm also, but for example
if I play at 0.0 pitch, which sets it to the bpm of the track, the bpm seems off. (It only plays perfectly if I turn pitch off totally, "not 0.0")
For example "Metallica" song "Enter Sandman" if played at 123 bpm (like Virtual DJ shows) there will be lag in the track,
if I adjust to -1.5 pitch (which is 170 bars of the total tracks bpm divided by the 123bpm of the track) it plays perfectly, is that possible, and why would this be?

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 9:23 pm
PLEASE...

BPM equals SPEED
BARS equal DISTANCE

Do NOT mix them up please... Generally in the DJ world the one is irrelevant of other.

As far as I understand your issue is that you try to mix the same song from CD and VirtualDJ with same BPM reading but the tracks drift.
Is that correct ?
In this case one of the BPM counters gives wrong results.
Also Metal and Rock bands are not famous for their steady Tempo within their tracks. Not by mistake, but deliberately most of these bands shift tempo one or more times within the song... (The most famous Example is "Child in Time" by "Deep Purple")

To me it seems that you are confused and lost in terminology. Therefore I would suggest you to visit this thread and study it: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/6288/Mix_lessons/DJ_MIXING___basic_-_advanced_-_pro.html
After you read and study that thread, please try again to do what you're trying to do and if you still have issues please revise your question and try to be as clear as possible.
Unfortunately right now most of us can't really understand what you want to say.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 9:05 am
Yes, the tracks drift, how do you correct this?
Why would one of the bpm counters give wrong results?

I will read the link you provided.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 11:03 am
TrueTunes wrote :
Yes, the tracks drift

Which tracks? Are you playing two copies of the same track? Please explain clearly what you're doing.

If the music you're playing is not electronic (made with a drum machine or sequencer) then the tempo will move around as the track progresses. If you're trying to mix two tracks that do this, then you will have a real challenge! Each one will be gradually changing tempo at a different rate & time to the other one.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 6:49 pm
The 2 tracks I'm working with are Metallica "Hardwired" track time 3:09, 175.5 bpm and "Atlas, Rise!" track time 6:29, 95.6 bpm.
What I want to do is mix "Hardwired" (whole track) into "Atlas, Rise!".
When I try, both tracks drift (at certain spots) of the song.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 7:16 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Are the tracks synchronised to the same BPM or a multiple of each other?

If they are not then the beats will drift out of time because there are a different number of beats in a given amount of time.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 10:27 pm
OK, they are not synchronized to the same BPM, so what is a multiple of each other, and how is that accomplished?

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 12:30 am
If we have really just spent the last couple of days, and couple of pages to establish that the question is - why are tracks at different BPM's drifting apart! Then i would strongly suggest that you spend some time really reading and understanding the post you have been directed to.

To answer your question though. you either need to speed one track up so that the bpm is double the other one, or slow one down so that it is half the other one. Or a combination of the two. If you press the sync button on one of the tracks, then that is what it will do. Because the difference between them is too much to match them, it would have to set one, half or double the other. So, try slowing down "Atlas-Rise" to 87.75 so that it is half the bpm of the other one. But then you will probably need to nudge one track to get the beats to be in time still.

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 9:15 am
Thanks for the help, it seems to make sense now.
I will study the posts I was directed to.
It just seem that the question was simple, and that it wouldn't have taken a couple of days to figure out,
maybe I just wasn't explaining it correctly.

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 1:58 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)