Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Where are the default pad page actions stored?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Extracting the built-in actions for each default padpage (eq. cueloop, slicer, sampler, hotcues, beatjump, loop, etc...)
I have an idea and was recommended a technique to do it manually (thanks @djdad) but was hoping that I can do this through my plugin.

Here are the options for things to go 99% smoother.

1) Figure out where these actions are stored since they aren't in a text file like the custom pag pages (eq. custom, custom 2)
2) Capture the default pads actions somehow in C++ so I can save them in a vector or my own file.

Mensajes Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 8:55 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The default pads are inside vdj.exe, until you modify them, then they become an external .xml
If you delete the .xml or rename the .xml then vdj will create a native page again.

Mensajes Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 9:07 pm
Years ago I wrote some utilities that used callback functions to grab system and key events and I might be willing to relearn some of that to capture the keypress event of the pads as long as I can get the action it's sending to the VDJ engine. I just don't want to delve that far into a real daring territory unless I know for sure that will even work. I don't even think getting the key events will help.. arghhhh.

Mensajes Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 10:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Option 1 : Spend 10 mins to manually extract the default Pad pages and get what you want.
Option 2. Spend countless hours/days searching for a way to get those "automatically" (or find another way to get the assigned actions) and most likely you won't get them still.

It's your choice :)

As explained in the PM, the default Pad pages will 99,9% remain the same in the future. I only see a possibility some new to be added but not any to be changed. But still you will be able to update your Addon in the future if anything new is added.

Mensajes Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 11:03 pm
Thx @loco & @djdad
Man I think I'm too stubborn sometimes but I am probably going to bite the bullet and do it like you said @djdad

Mensajes Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 11:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)