Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: BUILD 3760 reanalyzing my songs

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi! since BUILD 3760 VDJ is reanalyzing all my songs I load on a deck or into the automix playlist, even if they have been analyzed before. So severla BPM values are changing.

Any idea why this is happening?

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 17 @ 6:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The bpm analyzer has been updated, so any songs that have not been scanned with the new analyzer will be scanned again

If there are any bpm's that were correct before, but are wrong now, please let us know the titles so we can investigate more.

Mensajes Fri 02 Jun 17 @ 6:48 am
Is it possible to build a filter-folder for files to scan with the new BPM-analyser?

Mensajes Sat 03 Jun 17 @ 7:02 am
You don't need a filter folder.
Just drag the files on "Automix" and all tracks that are not scanned with the new scan engine will start scanning automatically

Mensajes Sat 03 Jun 17 @ 6:28 pm
Thank you for the hint ;o)

Mensajes Sun 04 Jun 17 @ 1:00 am
If rescanning songs , could this change the timing of cue points or other POI 's ?

Mensajes Sun 04 Jun 17 @ 1:58 pm
In 3761, it could move automix points that have not been manually moved earlier, and adjust bpm/phase if it had not been manually changed.
Other POI's, automix points that have been manually adjusted or bpm/phase that had been manually adjusted will not be affected by the automatic rescanning.

Mensajes Sun 04 Jun 17 @ 2:01 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Adion wrote :
In 3761, ... or bpm/phase that had been manually adjusted will not be affected by the automatic rescanning.

Reassuring.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 3:15 pm
Adion wrote :
In 3761, it could move automix points that have not been manually moved earlier, and adjust bpm/phase if it had not been manually changed.
Other POI's, automix points that have been manually adjusted or bpm/phase that had been manually adjusted will not be affected by the automatic rescanning.

I was using Automix fade intro/outro 0 sec and it still changed my manually set POI's.

Mensajes Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 3:26 pm
I let the computer run all night re-scanning my entire library and it is still scanning when I move a song to the automix

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 17 @ 11:08 pm
I am using Automix to rescan my songs and adjusting the cue points after it scans. If I use a song already scanned in Automix it will not rescan it...

Mensajes Thu 08 Jun 17 @ 12:22 am
ohshit wrote :
Adion wrote :
In 3761, ... or bpm/phase that had been manually adjusted will not be affected by the automatic rescanning.

Reassuring.

B3780 is a disaster for me, numerous files that I have manually affix BPM to has now been changed after this update. After prior assurance that they will NOT!

BTW these changed files are NOT reanalyzed, just update b3780 , reopen VDJ and I see BPM changes I never wanted.

BTW experimentalBeatAnalyser is set to NO

What now, go back to previous update?

Will this save my prior BPM setting? This is what I want.

Mensajes Sun 02 Jul 17 @ 6:41 pm
Yes, build 3760 was just implemented and thought this was an issue. When moving a file to Deck 1 or Deck which is set to Auto Cue at 0db, the software does not re-analyze. This only happens when moving to Auto Cue? Why is that? Should it re-analyze on both the decks and Auto-Cue?

Mensajes Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 2:35 am
Update - It is analyzing for Deck 1, Deck 2, Sidelist, and Automix. So, this is a new BPM, etc analyzer?

Mensajes Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 4:26 am
ohshit wrote :
ohshit wrote :
Adion wrote :

Reassuring.

B3780 is a disaster for me, numerous files that I have manually affix BPM to has now been changed after this update. After prior assurance that they will NOT!

BTW these changed files are NOT reanalyzed, just update b3780 , reopen VDJ and I see BPM changes I never wanted.

BTW experimentalBeatAnalyser is set to NO

What now, go back to previous update?

Will this save my prior BPM setting? This is what I want.

How do you manually edit your bpm usually?
We were not able to find any way that would overwrite them with the automatic scan.

Mensajes Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 4:33 am
music234 wrote :
Is it possible to build a filter-folder for files to scan with the new BPM-analyser?

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just drag the files on "Automix"

I think it would be much better to have a filter folder. That way we can actually see which files (and how many) need re-analyzing.

With your workaround method, we have to drag every file in our collection to Automix, because we can't tell which ones need processing*.

* if you hold the mouse over the 'audio' icon to the left of each file in the browser, it does say 'not' analyzed' - but I'm not prepared to do that for every single one of my files. There needs to be an easier way.

Mensajes Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 11:13 am
You make it sound like you have to drag every individual file, but you could just press * in the search field, use CTRL+A and drag all files at once.

Also, why do you need to know in the first place? It will happen automatically when needed anyway, and in the browser it probably won't give you much advantage.

Mensajes Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 5:11 pm
It's just that (to me), putting all the files into Automix seems a strange way of going about it.

Why don't these files show under isscanned=0 if they need rescanning? That would make sense, but the 'not analyzed' message in the tooltip is the only indication that the files need scanning again.

I know it's not a big issue, and that eventually they will all get rescanned, but putting them in Automix? Spock would say that it's illogical. :-)

Mensajes Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 5:24 pm
Also, a pop up message should have appeared letting users know that files needed rescanned because of the changes.

There have been literally hundreds of posts about this on various groups and a major change like this should have been highlighted to users a bit more.

Mensajes Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 5:28 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Also, a pop up message should have appeared letting users know that files needed rescanned because of the changes..

..and the option to ask "Do you want it rescanned"?

Mensajes Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 9:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)