Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Echo Pads script

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello, I need some help I have a Vestax Pad One,to trigger hot cues, samples,Loops and FXs when using the Pads for Echo FX I mapped 4 buttons for Echo On + Echo slider 1/4 beat , 1/2 , 3/4, 1beat used this script:
 deck left effect "echo" active while_pressed & effect_slider "echo" 2 40% , 50% , 60% , 70% 

the issue is when I'm pressing one pad I have to let go and press next to have the Echo effect On, if I press both pads the effect will deactivate....
what script code should I use?
the Loop pads/loop roll (1/8 ,1/4, 1/2, 1 ... ) pads work fine,like VDJ "listens" to the last pad pressed.
thank you

Mensajes Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 11:52 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck left effect_active 'echo' on while_pressed & effect_slider "echo" 2 40%

Try like this.

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:34 pm
I want locodogs brain, that man be a script genius

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:44 pm
locodog wrote :
deck left effect_active 'echo' on while_pressed & effect_slider "echo" 2 40%

Try like this.

this way when I'm pressing 1/8 beat pad, then press 1/4 beat pad the Echo will stay On but if I release the 1/8 beat pad the Echo will de-activate. not has expected, but its getting close.

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:58 pm
When you get frantic with the button bashing, I've found that vdj misses the midi note off signal.

@staff could you explain stuck commands?

You can script round this weirdness by first inverting the desired command,
I'll get back to you once sober.

Mensajes Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 6:56 pm
deck left effect_active 'echo' off & effect_active 'echo' on while_pressed & effect_slider "echo" 2 40%

Try like this, mk2

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 2:56 pm
thank you, but same result. when releasing the previous pad echo will de-activate...

Mensajes Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 7:01 pm
I'm not sure what you are after then.

Please explain what you want to happen, step by step.
I press this, and I want this to happen, I stop pressing that and I want this to happen.

Mensajes Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 8:55 pm
I wanted to "play" the Echo pads like playing the piano. I mean I wanted to push from the last pad: Echo ON + slider 1beat ; then pad echo slider 3/4 ; 1/2; 1/8 , and to do this I must push one pad at a time,let go and push next, I wanted to slide my finger trough the pads. the loop roll pads or slicer pads work this way, I can push all pads and vdj will listen only the last pad pushed.
thank you

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 17 @ 3:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In order to achieve the same behavior as the Loop Roll actions, each button needs to trigger its own variable and you need to query each one of those when a button is "up"
Here is a working example with 4 buttons triggering variables test1 to test4 and each one is querying the status of the other 3 variables on up (code in red is the up status)
(replace the test1 to test4 names with something more "unique")

Button 1
set 'test1' 1 while_pressed & down ? effect_active 'echo' on & effect_slider 'echo' 2 20% : var 'test2' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 30% : var 'test3' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 40% : var 'test4' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 50% : effect_active 'echo' off
Button 2
set 'test2' 1 while_pressed & down ? effect_active 'echo' on & effect_slider 'echo' 2 30% : var 'test1' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 20% : var 'test3' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 40% : var 'test4' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 50% : effect_active 'echo' off
Button 3
set 'test3' 1 while_pressed & down ? effect_active 'echo' on & effect_slider 'echo' 2 40% : var 'test1' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 20% : var 'test2' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 30% : var 'test4' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 50% : effect_active 'echo' off
Button 4
set 'test4' 1 while_pressed & down ? effect_active 'echo' on & effect_slider 'echo' 2 50% : var 'test1' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 20% : var 'test2' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 30% : var 'test3' 1 ? effect_slider 'echo' 2 40% : effect_active 'echo' off

PS. If for some reason you need to define the deck, you need to add the deck x in front of every action/verb, so Button 1 will become...
deck left set 'test1' 1 while_pressed & down ? deck left effect_active 'echo' on & deck left effect_slider 'echo' 2 20% : deck left var 'test2' 1 ? deck left effect_slider 'echo' 2 30% : deck left var 'test3' 1 ? deck left effect_slider 'echo' 2 40% : deck left var 'test4' 1 ? deck left effect_slider 'echo' 2 50% : deck left effect_active 'echo' off

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 17 @ 9:44 pm
thats it!
thanks a lot djdad & locodog

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 9:06 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Please little help :
I config pads on my ddj-1000 . How make script : padfx 'ECHO' 0.4 0.5 0 0.1 ???? ( Source Mute ON ) (Trilling Stop OFF) smart_pressed

Mensajes Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 10:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)