Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: knob (jogwheel) sensitivity and range command ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi.

I want to set my knob that when i turn it (touch it a bit) it sets my selected effect of that knob to zero (all the way to left)v and when i turn it to right it goes all the way to right... and i want to control the sensitivity of a know in script.. any sugestions?

many thanks!

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 11:06 am
I can't understand what you want to exactly, but my guess is this:

param_smaller 0 ? effect_slider 1 +0.01 : effect_slider 1 -0.01

The parts in bold are the ones that affect sensitivity...

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 11:31 am
Hi, PhantomDeejay! thanks

I tried that line, but its not quite good... It sets sensitivity as i wanted, that is cool and thanks! But I want also to set "range" of a knob!

like, in whatever position my knob is (on controller) , when i try to twist it on right or left, i want that on my effect knob in vdj, it resets to zero, so when i again twist knob to the left all the way, that it goes all the way to left in vdj too... just to set it move normally, from 0 to 100% same in vdj like on controller....im not sure how to explain better, i really hope you understand what i want...

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 11:47 am
So, to get this right ?
You want the effect slider to return to zero when you turn the knob to the left, and keep rising normally when you turn it to the right ?

param_smaller 0 ? effect_slider 1 0% : effect_slider 1 +0.01

If you want the effect slider to return to zero when you "touch" it and then operate as usual, that's not possible for a knob that doesn't send a separate command when you physically touch it.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 12:03 pm
"You want the effect slider to return to zero when you turn the knob to the left, and keep rising normally when you turn it to the right ?"

I just want it to act normal, like those knobs on controller that are already set, that has mappings inside vdj already. i tried your script and it makes knob go strange, like it goes to left and i move it to right, than it goes to right but not all the way to the right, and i moved it on controller all the way and than it wont go neither left or right...

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 12:37 pm
sorry, with this srcipt "param_smaller 0 ? effect_slider 1 0% : effect_slider 1 +0.01"

i just noticed that its using only half of the knob as whole knob (full circle)

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 12:45 pm
im moving knob all the way to right and it moves knob in vdj from zero to half of the knob, and i move it than to left to the half and it continues moving knob to left (other half) , but as soon as i cross the half to the right it resets to left to 0... arghh :)

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 12:50 pm
can i send you a video somehow here? its difficult for me to explain in english

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 12:56 pm
but basically with that script you gave me it only uses half of the knob on controller, when i cross 50% of knob circle it resets knob in vdj to left to 0%. if i continue move knob on controller to right nothing happens, it stays on left and on 0%. if i go back and go 49%, 47%, 46%.....to 0% to left it starts rising up till 50%.

now I am at the 0% to left on controller knob, and knob on controller is at 50%, i then move knob controller to right and knob in vdj continue rise until 100%.

again i come to 50% on controller, and cross it like 51% to left, knob in vdj restarts again on 0% to left.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 1:03 pm
Which controller and which knob ?

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 1:21 pm
It is AKAI MidiMix... I used first knob on upper left, 0-JOG16 is mark in mappings.

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 1:25 pm
is it because of the controller ? its not supported in vdj ?

Mensajes Mon 28 Aug 17 @ 2:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)