Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Playlist Issues

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi folks. I did some copying of music from one drive to another. I also updated the contents of my playlists to indicate the new drive letter.

I have many playlists. All are ok except for three. For those, even though there is a full playlist file where all the other playlist files are, when I open the playlist in VDJ, I only see one or two files. I have rebooted the computer. I have removed and re-added the playlist files to the playlist folder. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get VDJ to see the proper full playlist.

Can anyone help?

Rob

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 1:33 pm
Check there are no gaps or strange characters that VDJ might see as a separator.

Also see if the m3u file loads all the tracks in Windows Media Player.

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 1:36 pm
I don't see anything wrong with the playlist file. All I did was a global change from T:\ to E:\

Anyone have any other ideas. I have even saved copies of the playlist files, then deleted the playlists from within VDJ, then copied the playlists back, only to still have only a couple of songs showing. I don't know where VDJ is getting the info from. I scanned my drives to ensure there was not another orphan copy of the playlist anywhere.

Still looking for a solution. These are heavily used playlists. I hope I can get this worked out by this weekend as I work every week doing weddings.

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 2:53 pm
Sent. Thanks for helping. My email describes in more detail what I did.

Rob

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 4:32 pm
Hi folks. I want to let everyone know that DJDAD found my problem. It was simple but I missed it completely. When I updated my playlists to reflect the new location for the songs (drive letter change), I did something wrong on those three I reports problems with and it truncated the last part of the file path (nothing important, just the name of the actual file within the folder :-).

In case anyone ever has this problem I wanted to report the resolution. I had backups of everything so I took the original files, updated them again correctly, copied them back into VDJ, and they now work perfectly.

Much thanks for the help. I was getting frustrated with that one.

Rob

Mensajes Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 11:53 pm
dj dad, you said that vdj 8 will try to find the file if the filename is the same, on a different drive. I heard that previously, that in VDJ8 it doesn't matter what the drive letter is, it will find it. I copied my history, not playlist files, to my upgraded laptop. It assigned the external drive :D, previously it was E. HP uses the E drive for diagnostics, you can't move it without disabling diagnostics. My new playlists and a recent history file look on D, no problem, my old history files going back to 2005 are Xed out and the file path is looking for E, not finding it on D as I thought. Moreover, when I right click and relocate the song on D, the X disappears and the song plays. When I exit the history list and go back in, the X reappears and the drive indicator goes back to E. I need those history files back because I play reunions and use those same songs for those particular classes over and over.

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 6:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Make sure you have write access to those history files.
Sometimes if you copy from on pc to another the owner of the file is the "old" user and the new user has no write access.

You can try to edit the history file with an editor. Open one file, change the drive letter, save it and check if VDJ finds it.

It is correct that VDJ doesn't need the drive letter anymore. But I guess that still just counts for the database.

If changing the drive letter has helped you could batch change it with this tool.
http://virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80217

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 7:39 am
thanks I'll give that a try tonight and report back on my progress. That tool comes with a dire warning, is it that dangerous?

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 10:13 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No. Everything on this page has been inspected by atomix prior uploading it to the website. It is safe.

Mensajes Fri 29 Sep 17 @ 7:57 am
I use that tool very frequently when updating my backup laptop before each wedding so it has the exact same playlists on my primary.

Mensajes Mon 02 Oct 17 @ 12:26 pm
That tool was amazing! Did the trick, finally.

Thank you!

Mensajes Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 5:14 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)