Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: particular files or parts of files are blank in browser

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

For purposes of use, many of my music filenames include brackets and parentheses. This was a complete non-issue in VDJ7, but the browser in my VirtualDJ v8.2 either doesn’t display those files – leaving a blank line instead – or doesn’t display anything within brackets or parentheses.

When I go into >File Operations >Rename the complete names are there, no problem. but not in the browser.

I’ve tried searching the forums for anything like this issue but maybe I wasn’t searching on the right keywords. Is there a setting I can change instead of taking on the daunting task of searching out and changing all the brackets and parentheses to something else?

Thanks.

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 11:03 pm
Can you give us a screen shot of what you are talking about. I have plenty of parentheses, don't remember brackets.

Mensajes Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 1:05 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe it is somehow related to the Remix parsing?
I don't know exactly, but I think VDJ has an option to parse the remix name, which is most of the time in brackets, and put it into the remix column.

Mensajes Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 9:16 am
PachN wrote :
Maybe it is somehow related to the Remix parsing?
I don't know exactly, but I think VDJ has an option to parse the remix name, which is most of the time in brackets, and put it into the remix column.

Thanks. Soon after I posted my question I was able to ascertain that as the solution. I can live with the 3rd column, but I prefer just artist and whatever remains of the filename to the right of the dash. I love getting what I want. ;-)

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 8:40 am
In that case you should really fix your track's tags...
I mean, relying on filename parsing is NOT a good solution for multiple reasons.
Fix your track's tags and then reload tags in VirtualDj. Everything should be visible on the correct column.

PS: You can disable remix parsing if you wish from options

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 12:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
getRemixWhenParsingFilenames can be disabled so that the info appears in the title field instead of the remix field

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 1:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)