Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Content Unlimited

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Content Unlimited I have paid for content unlimited for many years and I understand the problems that legal has had but what I do not understand is if I stop my subscription the songs that I've already downloaded into my virtual DJ why they are now gone. I mean it is kind of senseless if I can't use them anywhere else then virtual DJ why you make me continue to pay the $50 a month just to keep the songs that I already have in my database.

Mensajes Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 11:11 pm
Like all other music subscription services, the music subscription in VirtualDJ is both DRM protected as well as valid only if you have a subscription: Thats the difference between buying track by track as single download vs subscription to unlimited content, where you only pay a fee for access to everything that available.

The content subscriptions in VDJ is still there by the way, and is fully legal.
The only change was a name change to "Online Music" to have a more general term, as well as more services that was added like Pulselocker and Deezer.

And even if you are allowed to cache ("download") for offline use, its not download to keep using forever (as you would with single tracks you buy at a music store). Same if you have Spotify or any other music subscription, you can only use the files for as long as you are subscriber.

Hope that made sense.

Mensajes Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 11:22 pm
The problem I have with it is. The fact that we all know that Content Unlimited is lacking in content and if I cannot use that music anywhere else but in virtual DJ what law is it that makes me continue to pay to keep that music cache for me to use. new music i could understand and if i stop using VDJ then it is gone

Mensajes Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 11:42 pm
Its the same if say you had a Spotify subscription, or any other content subscription.
Some of these allow offline (cache download) content, like VirtualDJ content subscriptions.

So if you then downloaded 100 songs at Spotify, and later ended your Spotify subscription, you would no longer be able to use these files. Nor can you use Spotify files outside of Spotify (or Spotify built-into apps)

This is true for all content subscriptions out there.. That be Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc etc.

And to add, this is of course not something VirtualDJ can control or limit. Nor Spotify or Netflix for that matter.
These terms and conditions are dictated and required by the labels and owners of the content.

Either you buy single tracks one by one that you own, or you subscribe to thousand and thousands of tracks for a small fee, that you can use for as long as you subscribe.

Its again, NOT VirtualDJ that makes the conditions so. Its how the content subscription model works for all content providers.

Mensajes Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 12:36 am
jemimabPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello,
I want to ask about content unlimited songs coming in as MP3 files. Is there an option to change the format of the songs imported rather than MP3? It is just that the compression at high volume is problematic for speakers....

Mensajes Thu 21 Dec 17 @ 2:12 am
jemimab wrote :
the compression at high volume is problematic for speakers

Where did you pick up that nugget? MP3s are compressed whatever the volume.

Besides, it's the size (data) that's compressed, not the audio dynamics, so I fail to see how that affects speakers.

Mensajes Thu 21 Dec 17 @ 4:34 pm
manxcatPRO InfinityMember since 2012
My understand is that the music portion of Content Unlimited is provided by iDJ Pool. iDJ Pool, although a subscription, allows you to keep anything you download while your subscription is active.

Having said that, the reason I was looking for information in the forums is I have a iDJ Pool subscription, but the content I find on the website is less than what I find though an Audio Content Unlimited search. For example, if I search the iDJ Pool website for Eminem Without Me, I get one hit (Without Me 2016), but if I search iDJ Pool though Virtual DJ with a Content Unlimited Audio subscription, I get 12 hits including the original, quick mixes, clean, etc. I am trying to understand what is going on here...why are there more hits though Virtual DJ?

Mensajes Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 4:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is not the same service they offer for VirtualDJ.
In VirtualDJ, the songs can only be used as long as your subscription is active.

Mensajes Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 4:54 pm
hola es mi primera consulta, no logro iniciar sesion y no puedo hacer uso de mi controlador, gracasi

Mensajes Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 5:24 pm
I have discovered that there is a lot of content that cannot be accessed from the web interface of iDJPool, the FTP option is required. While this answered one of my questions, I have a new one. Lets say I don't subscribe to Content Unlimited but I do have a subscription to iDJPool, is there a way for me to access this from within Virtual DJ? I can still search for content, but I cannot listen to more than the first 30 seconds. If I find what I am looking for, I can log into iDJPool and download it to play it, but it seems to me that I should be able to enter my iDJPool credentials and gain access the same as if I had subscribed to CU.

Mensajes Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 3:43 pm
The simple answer is no you can't, they are two different revenue generating animals.

Mensajes Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 8:33 pm
Is there a more complex answer?

Mensajes Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 9:15 pm
These are two different revenue generating policies. You have a contract with a service that allows you to purchase songs from them. Read the fine print. You also have a contract with contentment unlimited, that allows you to stream and cache music from their site. In other words, you are only renting music from this site. Stop paying and the music goes poof. Again, read the fine print. They have nothing to do with each other. One is with Idjpool and the other is with VirtualDJ. Each one stipulates what you are paying for. I wrote all of this, and the answer is still a simple no to your question. This is not unique to you, I also have the same thing with the video service, contentunlimited video, and VJPro.

Mensajes Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 9:28 pm
First, I want to thank you for the response...strong communities are critical to maintaining good software. I do understand what you are saying and I appreciate the difference in the licensing, but it misses my point. I have Pulselocker, Deezer, and GrooveMusic listed in my online music section. If I have any of these services, I can log into them within VirtualDJ and utilize them (I understand the personal use only caveat). I understand that content unlimited is a VirtualDJ sponsored service, but if VirtualDJ has the ability to plug into other services AND has IDJPool built in, I would think I could log into my iDJPool account and stream music. I can accept that it wont and I can work around this...I can search for music, preview 30 seconds, then download if its what I am looking for and play. I just wish it was easier.

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 17 @ 3:44 pm
manxcat wrote :
but it misses my point. I would think I could log into my iDJPool account and stream music

You missed this point...

A Man and His Music wrote :
They have nothing to do with each other. One is with Idjpool and the other is with VirtualDJ

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 17 @ 4:06 pm
Hello, I have a subscription for content unlimited. I am having trouble finding songs that I enter. I had content unlimited in the past and was able to find just about any song I entered. Now I can find very little from what I was able to find in the past. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Mensajes Wed 29 Jan 20 @ 12:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)