Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Rane twelve digital turntable - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

KDH68Home userMember since 2019
I am also experiencing the issue with deck one stopping when another deck is selected, although is seems to only do it under certain circumstances, like not having a track loaded in the other decks. Mostly it works when all 4 decks are loaded.

I want to also point out that the Syphon Server is not working with the early access version, I assume this will be fixed with the final RC.

Great job on the Rane 12 integration, its actually performing better than Serato with video and pad control.

Mensajes Mon 11 Mar 19 @ 8:40 pm
MMRDJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hello VDJ, Thank you so much for finally releasing the mapping, super exited about it and just was testing out for the first time to day, however ran in to some serious audio playback issues . . .I have the full rane set up, [2 rane 12's and a Rane 72] and when i play one deck it is just fine but the second i play 2 decks the audio warbles, on both decks, , , [like a messed up cassette tape,] This happens even if the volume is turned down. . . on the second deck. . . and it seems to overloading the midi data. so when spin the second deck the audio on the first deck distorts, this happens on either deck. .

I did some trouble shooting, but could not get the issue resolved . . . I tried the following :
Connecting the rane 12 directly o the computer instead of thru the hub on the back of the 72 tried doing this with both decks no difference
Tried shutting down some of the I/O audio inputs outputs in the audio confirguration panel of VDJ. to limit the amount of i/o audio data going in out. . . . .
I tried resetting VDJ and the decks several times
I tried increasing the buffer size on the Rane 72 windows control panel. . . [doing this while vdj is running crashing the software and vdj but be rebooted]
I tried increasing the buffer from 256 to 512, followed by a reboot of vdj since it crashes and it made no difference. .
For giggles i turned the buffer WAY UP to 3000 followed by vdj reboot and it seems to help a bit but still suffers from the same issue.
shut off ultra latency feature in vdj.
Tried increasing buffer in vdj to 512 while leaving rane 72 on stock buffer setting of 256, This does not work at all once i delte the factory setting of auto 256 to try to put 512 vdj hangs puts in 5 wait a mintue 1 wait a minute 2. . . it eventually crashes. . .

For a side notes
This works flawlessly is serato, BUT SERATO SUCKS. . .LOL hence why were so excited to see it in VDJ
The computer is a core I7 4700MQ with a 8gb of memory a Solid state drive, also its running all usb 3.0 ports. .

Sorry for this long post , but i used to work in tech support for a living and figured the more details the better for pinpointing the exact issue, my guess seems to be that there is just 2 much midi data from the spinning platter passing thru, since its exasperated by a second deck being turned on and even more so by me spinning second deck at a high rate of speed. ., just running one deck sounds flawless, [side note this happens either way from the second deck or from the first deck] But this to much data theory does not explain how it works flawlessly in serato

Again thanks for your amazing effort Virtual DJ I know manually mapping a advanced controller like this is no walk in the park and am very gratefull that you guys have but in such effort in making this a reality.

Mensajes Mon 11 Mar 19 @ 9:37 pm

Mensajes Tue 12 Mar 19 @ 12:16 pm
Have you actually tried the unit with VirtualDJ ?
VirtualDJ has for quite a long time a setting called 'motorwheelinstantplay' that deals with exactly that issue. If enabled, this setting allows the deck to start immediately when you press play, by ignoring the motorwheel's ramp up time.
Also no matter if this setting is active or not, if you start a deck via a hotcue, playback is always instant (VirtualDJ ignores ramp up)
Finally VirtualDJ offers two hotcue modes: Stutter and Playback (with Playback been the default)
On Playback mode, as soon as you hit a hotcue to start the deck, the deck starts playback instantly (with a single button press) and no ramp up.
On Stutter mode, it's pretty much the same as Serato as shown on your video. Pressing the hotcue starts the sound immediately but you need to press play to keep the deck running when you lift your finger from the hotcue button.

Mensajes Tue 12 Mar 19 @ 1:09 pm
Thanks! phantom Vdj is the best! Thanks for your help man.

Mensajes Tue 12 Mar 19 @ 7:57 pm
Heinz54PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello .
I am from the German forum and I have the same problem as user MMRDJ with the sound, what can I do?.......

Hello VDJ, Thank you so much for finally releasing the mapping, super exited about it and just was testing out for the first time to day, however ran in to some serious audio playback issues . . .I have the full rane set up, [2 rane 12's and a Rane 72] and when i play one deck it is just fine but the second i play 2 decks the audio warbles, on both decks, , , [like a messed up cassette tape,] This happens even if the volume is turned down. . . on the second deck. . . and it seems to overloading the midi data. so when spin the second deck the audio on the first deck distorts, this happens on either deck. .

Mensajes Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 5:59 am
As I said above, we're investigating this issue. We hope that we'll have a fix soon

Mensajes Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 7:59 am
MMRDJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Have you actually tried the unit with VirtualDJ ?

Im not sure if that was asked towards me or not. . . if it was then yes, the whole post was about VDJ. The issue is when there more than one deck playing the audio warble distorts on all the decks, and if i spin the deck even faster than it spins normally, it distorts even more it seems like its a buffer/midi overload issue BUT as i posted in the previous posted I tested many settings including settings making the buffer extemley high which has a negligible effect on the issue

Mensajes Tue 19 Mar 19 @ 4:19 pm
No, that was about Stamat B user's post (the one with the youtube video link)

As for your issue, we are investigating it. We can reproduce it only under extreme CPU load on our test system, and some other very "special" cases and we try to find ways to eliminate it.
Even then, we are not sure if your issue is identical to what we can reproduce here since you don't mention your computer specs and factors like CPU load.
Our test system is a PC with a 4th Gen Intel i5 processor, 8GB RAM and on-board graphics, running Windows 10.
So we consider this PC an "average" PC.
We cannot reproduce this issue under any case on our MAC test system.

Anyway, we are actively trying to find and solve the cause of your issue. Therefore be assured that a solution will come.

Mensajes Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 9:25 am
Hey Phantom, I've found a couple of issues with the Twelve:
I'm still trying to narrow down exactly what series of events sets off the issue, but it boils down to; when using my pioneer sb2 mapped to automatic deck select, and the Twelve with the default mapping, with a track already playing (with play commands initiated from the SB2)after using the deck select buttons on the Twelve to select an off-air deck, load a track, press the play button, spin the vinyl back to my drop, crossfader open, scratch/drop incoming track, a bit of filter on the outfade, and close crossfader to the deck-side which is currently on-air now, and under the Twelve's control. from here I can get a couple of odd behaviors. If I simply press the deck select button on the Twelve corresponding to the old track which is still playing (but off-air) occasionally the on-air deck stops (dead-air) and occasionally the switch goes as I had intended. But the tracks jump off-sync feels almost like one of them is getting some sort of phantom pitch-bend input momentarily(possibly the motor is getting a short off/on during the handover causing it to read as a pitchbend- input?) After the dead-air stoppage only switching the Twelve back to the stopped deck via the deck select buttons would allow the stopped deck to play normally, nothing on the pioneer would get it going. Play button nothing, cue button jumped back to the cue point, but long-pressing or cue+play combo would not start the deck back, jogwheel input from the SB2 would move the playhead and create scratch sound, using a previously created hotkey would play, but only while pressed, and hotcue+play combo did nothing. no gigs tonight so when I get up and in the studio I will stream some side-by-side video to vemeo and see if I can catch it in the act again

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 11:50 am
You can't really control a deck with both Rane Twelve and another controller at the same time and have automatic deck selection working.
The main reasons are:
1) The spinning platter.
When Rane Twelve is assigned on a deck, VirtualDJ reads/waits for platter movement to playback the deck
2) Rane Twelve does not have the ability to switch decks automatically.
You need to press one of the assign buttons on the unit to change manually the working deck.

It all comes down to this:
When you assign Rane Twelve on a deck, it's platter rotation dominates the deck's playback.
If you don't un-assign the unit or assign it on another deck, if the platter doesn't move the deck won't play!
Also the moment you assign Twelve on another deck there's a "dead air" interval of about 2 seconds that you can't use it's platter for anything.
That's because VirtualDJ waits for the platter to spin up/down in order to reflect the new deck's state. (motorwheellocktime setting x2)

In our tests we had no issues jumping from one deck to another with one or two units connected, provided that the deck change was done by Twelve itself.

Unless I didn't understand your issue, now that you know how the unit is supposed to work, do you still have issues ?

If so, please provide clear instructions on how to reproduce.

Thank you!

Mensajes Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 9:47 am
beepbHome userMember since 2011
Hey phantom, here’s a video on the issue that I and a couple other people are having! (Specifically the deck stopping) https://youtu.be/mvH-j79qlZI

Hope this helps!

Mensajes Sat 23 Mar 19 @ 1:45 pm
I was having the player one stop issue when selecting deck 2, but it seems to have gone away after discovering the deck select buttons on the 12 were not changing the active deck in VDJ. I remapped it and its all fine now. I'm using one 12 with 4 decks with Audio and video and heavy use of the sampler with video. My mixer is a Denon x1600 and I use a Denon DS1 and 2 line outs on my computer for sound cards. I use an APC40 to control the sample and looping options and audio fxs. I used to use a combination of Serato and VDJ and I am happy to find the 12 working so nicely with VDJ 8.3 Serato has some serious video issues atm and I've not liked it will only work with 2 tracks of video. One thing I would like to see updated is the SyphonServer and Clients updated to work with 8.3, that is my only issue right now. Good job tot he VDJ team, I love this new version, its working for me well.

Mensajes Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 9:12 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can't really control a deck with both Rane Twelve and another controller at the same time and have automatic deck selection working.

That was the issue, Set the SB2's decks to 3 and 4 and the Twelves to 1 & 2 before playing my first track, and had no issue thus far. Thanks Phantom.
i am loving these decks BTW, forgot how much more feel and control you have using vinyl. Had to turn my touchwheel scratch speed back down to 1.00 though. I had been scratching at 1.75 for over a year, and after an hour or so on the Twelves it felt like I was having a stroke trying to scratch the pioneer jogs. lol

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 3:11 pm
Stamat B wrote :
The only bad thing about twelve is this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E47zDh35Nc8&t=0h0m8s

A bad thing? No. its how a turntable works. You can instant start with a hot cue sand then hit play. Or you you could just learn to DJ and throw it in the mix like we used to have to do with vinyl. You guys want a digital turntable and then complain when it works just like one. Its supposed to work that way!!!!

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 19 @ 1:47 pm
Where is your tech support? I've submitted 2 tickets and they come back with a response like a 4 year old wrote it. I need real tech support for a touring artist!!!

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 19 @ 1:49 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Elaborate on your problem.

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 19 @ 2:06 pm
Heinz54PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello
is only an interim question. Is there perhaps even a little info, how it continues because of this problem?

thanks for the information

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 19 @ 6:22 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

As for your issue, we are investigating it. We can reproduce it only under extreme CPU load on our test system, and some other very "special" cases and we try to find ways to eliminate it.
Even then, we are not sure if your issue is identical to what we can reproduce here since you don't mention your computer specs and factors like CPU load.
Our test system is a PC with a 4th Gen Intel i5 processor, 8GB RAM and on-board graphics, running Windows 10.
So we consider this PC an "average" PC.
We cannot reproduce this issue under any case on our MAC test system.

Anyway, we are actively trying to find and solve the cause of your issue. Therefore be assured that a solution will come.

Hello PhantomDeejay
Can You please say The VDJ Settings and where do You Plug in The 2x Rane Twelves?

In The USB Ports in The I5 Win 10 PC or in The USB Ports of The Rane Seventy Two Mixer ?

Have You only thjs Problems by extreme high CPU ?

Thanks Forward.

Have not self This Rane 72/12 System.

Mensajes Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 7:55 am
Default settings, and Rane Twelves plugged in the hub of Rane Seventy-Two

Mensajes Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 8:39 am
54%