Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: 4 hangs in a row is no bueno [solved]

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Three in a row with Early Access 4451
step one - load video on each deck
step two - open effects menu on decks one, two, and video effects in video tab and go to video effects for decks one and two and pin them open for access
step three - activate tellyvisuals on each deck, then move effects menu on screen
step 4 with three tellyvisuals outputs running at once and grid transition, crossfader In middle, move pinned menu on screen and it hangs.

on extended screen it looked like this each time

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-06-25T23:31:59.259546600Z" />
<EventRecordID>6247</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>K-9</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>virtualdj8.exe</Data>
<Data>8.3.4451.0</Data>
<Data>3efc</Data>
<Data>01d40cdbd2aa607f</Data>
<Data>20</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\virtualdj8.exe</Data>
<Data>decf3505-2bec-476b-9d91-d39bdb339a69</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Mensajes Mon 25 Jun 18 @ 11:38 pm
The problem is within TV which I am fixing. It comes from the fact that videos on decks changes the resolution of the plugin if the plugin is also run on a deck.

You can read about that here. I had asked for a flag to control this long ago but no dice so far.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/206276/VirtualDJ_8_1_Technical_Support/The_distortion_of_an_effect_on_a_deck_.html?search=distortion&page=1

There is also more to it. TV has many settings, configurations, etc. This requires special files to save all that, images and other things. Originally, TV stored separate files depending on deck or master. That worked except in the case of visualizations. You were not able to tell where it would be so I could not identify what the file should be. Lots of headaches. They changed that finally I think so I could use separate files again but the bottom line is, since videos will distort the plugin image when run on a deck, you should not run it on a deck. If does not make any sense for a plugin like TV because text and other things will be distorted based on size of video. It makes some sense in some cases but not for some other cases.

The fix won't make it pretty but will stop the crash. Without some flag not much I can do. But you can rename the TellyVisuas.dll to whatever and run them independent that way. The lower the resolution of the video the more distortion. Besides that the plugin will be flipping in size as you change videos which looks silly.

I will have fix up when I wake up.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 7:13 am
PS: When you rename TellyVisuals.dll or TellyMedia.dll to something else and when you install a new version, the installer will automatically update all renamed instances and retain the names you have used. Each of the dlls are highly configurable and each remember their states when restarted. For example, say you were just interested in the TellyMedia camera. You could rename the TellyMedia.dll to TellyCamera.dll. If you had selected the Camera tab in TellyCamera, it would come back up with the camera tab selected, showing all your available cameras, and with the camera you had selected before as the current camera. WIth the plus version of TellyMedia, you can also use IP cameras, wired or wireless.

Also, when TV or TM or any plugin is run on the master, the distortion does not occur and the plugin is given the full size of the video display. The distortion only occurs when a plugin is run on a deck and when there is also a video loaded on the deck. I would think they would want to come up with a fix for this. I don't believe it would be all that difficult. Note that not only is the plugin resized to that of the video size, there is also additional distortion that occurs which can make the text or whatever is displaying blurry and occurs for any plugin.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 9:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)