Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: Multiple Monitors question.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just wondering if this is possible at least in theory, before I start rigging things together.
When using a Windows 10 desktop, with a built in graphics card and an extra added graphics card.
Can I use the built in graphics card for my monitor (VGA),

then on the extra graphics card:
1 Use the VGA/D-Sub port for an additional monitor (karaoke/videos)
2 Use the hdmi port for a TV.

1 and 2 must be displaying the same content. Can it be done? And do I do it through Virtual DJ or windows?

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 10:22 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
This really would depend on your computer's abilities. Some devices can run three screens (laptop screen plus two external), but some cannot. I have an old HP laptop which had both HDMI and VGA and I don't think I ever tried to use both simultaneously. But either worked with the laptop screen.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 3:46 pm
You should be able to. I have in the past. I would try it at home and get working prior to a live gig. I now prefer to use an HDMI splitter and send to multiple screen at the same time.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 5:35 pm
Thank you all for your replies. I am so glad it is possible. So basically it is down to the graphics card capabilities. I have 3 lying about. I guess at least one will do the trick. I'll start testing.
The reason I am not using a splitter is that both monitors only have VGA/D-Sub input. And I want one monitor as my main monitor and the other to be displaying the same content as the TV (karaoke/video/etc.) The TV has hdmi and vga. Worse case scenario I suppose I could get a VGA splitter and just split the output to the ''external'' monitor and the TV. I did want hdmi to the tv though because it is quite big and wanted the image to be crisp.

My laptop (i7 lenovo G580) cannot use both the VGA and HDMI at the same time, unless you disable the laptop screen.

Mensajes Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 10:53 am
I have been using a VGA splitter to run up to 6 projectors and a 24 inch monitor with no problems for 5 years with different software, for different club, festival and private gigs . I have been using VDJ for around the last year or so and have also used HDMI and found that there really is not much difference, most people are too busy enjoying themselves to care about at the quality, which depends more on the quality of the graphics being used rather than the output method, get yourself a reasonable quality VGA splitter and leads and you should be alright as I am only using an i5 set up. Hope this helps you

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 10:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)