Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VirtualDJ 2018 Windows 64-bit - Page: 6

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
serieB wrote :

I am realising that Shaders are not working so fluid in my 64 bits version meanwhile were perfect in the 32 bits one.

The opposite here, and think for most that will be true. 64-bit will improve quality on video mixing, shaders etc.
But could be your computer is a bit slow if not fluid, or that you tried not same shaders as on 32 bit, some shaders are demanding

Most of your video mix dj's use milkdrop for visuals. Shaders are literally taking something from 2013 and calling it a new video feature. It's Not! I was doing this with serato dj 6 years ago.

Mensajes Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 10:22 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I was one of the first using VDJ2018 and had a few problems..not really with shaders. I don't care about shaders. I run for 7 hours and I need perfection. I use video and will even make my own to accompany an awkward song. I use milkdrop on the rare occasions I don;t have a suitable video. A lot of "I's". LOL

I would recommend the free Shotcut video editor if you have quite a fast computer.

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 12:21 am
Hi everyone. I noticed that the videos used with VDJ 64 bit are less defined than with the 32-bit version. I have DELL Laptop windows 10, 16 Gbt RAM memory and Radeon video card (2Gbt). I noticed this especially with 70s and 80s videos but also with new HD ones. Any suggestions or is it still so because it's a "beta" version"? Many thanks.

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 3:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be sharper actually, but that might look more blocky on low resolution videos

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 4:15 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdutschi wrote :
I don't think it's OK, that you can't use the 64 bit as Windows 7 user.
You will be forced to install another system.
to the installer. That's not quite true. The program goes on Windows 7 to install, it only comes the error "DirectX...... "
DirectX 11.1 ist allready on My Windows 7 installed........
It is also not difficult for programmers to support older systems as well.
Sorry, but I don't understand why.
Any software I own, from music production software to video, or DJ Software, also supports the older systems.
Also 64 bit programs.
I don't see one that I buy for 300Eur a program, and then it can no longer use, or is forced to install an operating system which I do not want to use.
Sorry.
Virtual DJ is always the best program in my opinion.
But this one can not understand from my side.
Nice Day Dani

re install the directx drivers from microsoft. it will install and update. it should work

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 19 @ 11:39 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
maybe works i.e.: for me dxdiag says directx12, DDI Direct3D: 10, Level of functionality 10_0, 9_1, DirectDraw a

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 19 @ 5:08 pm
Hi everyone. My name is Alberto and I love mixing videos. Have you noticed that with VDJ 64 bit videos are less defined? I understand it's a beta version but the developers are informed? For completeness of information I would like to say that I used the same settings of the two versions of VDJ and the same videos. I use windows 10, 7th generation i7 processor with a 4 GB Radeon video card. It's a pity because the 64-bit version uses 50% less CPU than the 32-bit version and the same for the GPU. Dear users, have you noticed the same by any chance? Thank you.

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 10:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be the opposite, can you take a screenshot of 32 and 64 bit

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 11:26 am
On windows 7, DirectX 11.1 is only partially installed and you cannot do a full installation of DX 11.1 on Win7 as far as I can tell. DX 11.1 on Win8 and up wants to use WDDM 1.2 (or higher) for performance improvements and other things. Performance improvement is always a good thing. WDDM 1.2 is a different display / driver model than WDDM 1.1 on Win7. Any feature of DX 11.1 that uses WDDM 1.2 cannot be used on Win7. Does not matter if your graphics card supports DX 11.1 or DX12.

Normally though, an app will support multiple variations of whatever. I still support XP with DirectX9, and Direct9Ex or DirectX11 for Win7 and above. I believe they could have supported DX 11 for Win7 and DX 11.1 for 8 and above. It requires a little more work. There could be reasons I am not aware of though.

I thought maybe some plugin compatibly might be a problem if they used DX11 or DX11.1 but does not seem to be but could be better to have a known concise version in their case.

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 10:01 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nicotux wrote :
maybe works i.e.: for me dxdiag says directx12, DDI Direct3D: 10, Level of functionality 10_0, 9_1, DirectDraw a

depends on your videocard. i noticed, for whatever reason nvidia cards have less hassles than amd. it might be time to at least update to win 8.1 and use classic shell to make it look and feel close to windows 7. windows 8.1 should support dx 11. which is fine is my opionion. and the op sys is super fast.

Mensajes Mon 13 May 19 @ 6:31 pm
well my post was truncated :/

related to Win10 and old Intel integrated video using M$ drivers only. Definitively not a 64bit config for VDJ 64 bit : no video but cdg karaoke and transparent mkv and pictures, fine with shaders and visualisation and videofx but TV and spout
these issues seems due to M$ drivers
Not any audio issue other than settings for 32bit are crashing VDJ 64 bit at load time, even not activated, and working audio settings for VDJ 64bit don't work with VDJ 32 bits. have to deal with different settings.xml

Mensajes Mon 13 May 19 @ 8:27 pm
Adion wrote :

I am pleased to announce the the Windows 64-bit version of VirtualDJ 2018.

Download
If you want to try it, you can download it from here:
https://virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj8/pc64

Requirements
It requires Windows 10 64-bit. and it will install side-by-side with your existing VirtualDJ 32-bit installation.
It will use the same database and settings.

Plugins
The native built-in effects should all work, but third-party plugins will need to be re-made for the 64-bit version.
For audio plugins this should be fairly easy, but for video plugins this may require more work due to the move from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11.
64-bit VST plugins will work by moving them in the Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins64\SoundEffects folder

Audio Drivers
If your controller or audio interface uses ASIO drivers, you will need the 64-bit version of these.

Updates
The 64-bit version will automatically update in the same way as the regular 32-bit version.

Benefits
The 64-bit version brings improved performance, which will mostly be noticeable for video dj's.

CDJ and DJM ASIO drivers is 32bit, I was all confused. I don't know what I'm gonna do!!

Mensajes Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 10:23 pm
An Official one !! Thanks.

What about the poor ones whith no video ? old GPU intel g45/g43 with old CPU intel Dual Core E6700 @3.2Ghz
Audio works fine, Skins work fine, VST work fine, Karaokes CDG work fine, most video effect work fine - but TV -, shaders work fine, pictures work fine, only no video but mkv png based
Other 64bit softwares all show video. maybe a degraded version for old cpu ?
VDJ 32bit using 30..70% of this combination

Mensajes Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 11:41 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can you put the 64-Bit version in the normal VDJ downloads area??

Chris

Mensajes Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 5:14 pm
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
32 bit feature parity?
I noticed that shaders in the 64bit version o not have the option to make folder or sets of shaders that I can choose from like the 32bit version. is this expected to be added or is this not a priority?

I have been using the 64bit reliably at gigs for the past 6 months and it is much better at using resources on my laptop especially with many of the shaders I use.

Mensajes Sat 29 Jun 19 @ 3:23 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@sonicgt you can make shader folders in x64 right now.

Mensajes Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 9:14 am
BUG:
When dropping an audio file (from windows explorer) onto a deck, it only sometimes loads, but not always on the deck you dropped it on! Most of the time the file doesn't load at all.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 12:13 pm

Mensajes Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 12:45 pm
I already did and support suggested posting it here?!

EDIT: My bad - I raised it as a ticket and support said to post it here.

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 9:41 am
henu_45PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Install the 64-bit version to try and find me that the videos will not be seen, only the audio will be skipped over the trays where it would tend to see the video solo falling in black. If you can not get an error in the configuration, simply my pc is not compatible. In 32-bit version works normal.

Mi setup:
Intel Core I5 M450
8GB DDR3 RAM
Integrated Graphics

Note that some samples downloaded from the vdj web site are correctly seen by all.
It has also been proven by uninstalling the driver and running VDJ x64 with the basic windows 10 drivers and it works fine. When I install the official drivers, VDJ stops working again.

Mensajes Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 11:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)