Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: 3 issues I’ve noticed with VirtualDJ 8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi , I love using virtual 8 , everyone try’s to get me over to serato , I tried it , it was very stressful, not for me . Here are my issues

1. The pitch fader has a slight delay when using the pioneer controller, the pitch doesn’t move from 1-2 it would go from 1 , 19 , 36 , I need it to move 1 by 1 because the only way to get the exact number is to press sync , the serato one moves 1 at a time

2. The quality compared to serato is not as crystal clear , so after coming on the set after a DJ that has just used serato, you can here a slight difference, why can’t we get our quality to sound as good as serato . Don’t get me wrong it is good , but clarity and scratching Wise they win us over

3. If I go to a party that has the big pioneer mixer , you know big expensive one that thay use in all the clubs , VirtualDJ won’t work on it , now that is a big problem, because there is no space to put my controller, and I end up stuck

4. I know VirtualDJ was made to make DJing Easy to do , and for a one man band like me it’s perfect, but these problems are really holding me back is there any way to fix them .

Last thing , I think we need a more professional back skin , that’s looks more serious and not so cartoonish, please . I tried to look for one but couldn’t find one

I hope your not offended by my comments, VirtualDJ has change my DJ career, because the guys that’ use serato can’t play like me , and I play Dancehall Rnb , and I do long set 5 hours party’s somtime 14 hour party’s , and VirtualDJ is perfect for this

Mensajes Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 11:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Virtualdj can be set up with any asio sound card, so using the pioneer mixers should be no problem.
It's also compatible with all cdj's, so you can just come to the club with some usb cables and a usb hub if not available yet.

The sound quality of vdj should be at least as good if not better than serato's. If possible a recording of a piece of music with both vdj and serato to point out the difference would be useful.

For the pitch slider issue would be useful to know which controller exactly. Vdj should have the same accuracy
Perhaps check if the pitch range is the same in vdj and serato? Sounds like you use a bigger pitch range in vdj

Mensajes Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 11:35 am
1. Set a smaller pitch range or get another controller, where the pitch fader is of higher quality

2. Actually VDJ is better that Serato when it comes to sound quality. Serato "colors" the sound - a bit like when you pressed the "loudness" button on old 90's hifi stereos. It's really pretty horrible what they are doing with the sound quality in Serato

3. Yes it will. Virtual DJ fully supports the "big Pioneer club setups", like 2 CDJ2000nxs2 and a Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 mixer. You just need to know how to set it up

Regarding your firends, try looking up recent comparisons.
And tell your friends to do the same
It's becoming more and more clear that a pro setup in 2018 does not involve Serato - It's VDJ or Rekordbox.
The strange thing is that Serato is not really doing anything to fight back. They are just becoming more and more irrelevant

Mensajes Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 12:12 pm
Regarding #3, aside from getting the knack of the settings and interface tab in the settings and choosing the right controller/audio stuff for the Pioneer you want to work on, there might also be something to say about possibly getting yourself a riser or other space saving piece of equipment. Some folks will go so far as to even get a cheap folding table (ive seen some with a 15x15 footprint) that could work well to create your own space without cramping a booth.

As far as "professional" skins, there are quite a few to choose from in the addon section, I happen to like v8 but by fruit - IMO, its got a look that feels more "modern" to me, but YMMV, take a look at some of those and see what might work for you.

You could also use the addon for the skin builder as well, and make your own to your own specifications too!

Mensajes Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 2:15 pm
Thank you guys , I will try and input everything you said , I really appreciate this , thanks again .

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 12:13 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)