Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Mind Blown Again

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
So I use a couple of different set ups with VDJ.
My larger console has 2 cdj's and a djm 5000.
Sound settings:
External mixer
Two sound cards
Pioneer CDJ
Assignments:
Shows both CDJs
Deck 1 - 1/2
Deck 2 - only shows 1/2, no 3/4

Tried every combination with no luck

What is wrong here, it used to be so simple.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 5:19 pm
mp3jrick wrote :

What is wrong here

Nothing. Each CDJ will only show two channels - because that's how many channels they have.

VDJ output #1 goes to CDJ1 1/2. VDJ output #2 goes to CDJ2 1/2. Nothing amiss there.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 5:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, normally you should get 2 x CDJ entries in the Sound card drop down. If not, then perhaps you are on a Mac, and need to create some aggregate device combing the 2 units sound card channels ? (even though it shouldnt be necessary)

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 5:31 pm
Well here is what I had.
Load a song onto deck 1, it loaded to both.
Check deck assignments in controller settings, 1 and 2 correspond.
Its like it refreshed when I did that, because next load tonight it loaded to deck 1 only, but sound was reversed.
Reassigned deck 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 in audio config, and its been fine since.
I didn't change anything in controller settings, just checked it to see 1 was 1 and 2 was 2.
Seems like the initial set up just had them assigned as 1 if that makes sense.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 10:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
mp3jrick wrote :
Load a song onto deck 1, it loaded to both.
Check deck assignments in controller settings, 1 and 2 correspond.

The only explanation i have here is that probably - for a while -, only one CDJ was detected, and assigned to deck 1, then the 2nd one re-detected, and auto-assigned to deck 2. This could be reversed though, meaning that the 1st detected (assigned to deck 1) could be your right-side deck.

Anyways, just to clarify here.. Midi Control (which VDJ deck the CDJ controls) and Audio routing are 2 different things, even though VDJ tries to smart-combine those 2, and the enumeration (which device is detected and "numbered" first) is something that the OS is responsible for.

When i work with CDJs or other single-deck controllers, just because i have come up with all kind of assignment and audio routing issues, i do the following..
- First see which VDJ deck the unit controls. I move the pitch and watch the GUI. If incorrect, either i use the EJECT button (long press is usually mapped to "revert" decks) or visit the VDJ Settings->Controllers tab.
- Then see if audio routing is correct and if not , swap the decks from the Audio setup.

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 18 @ 2:23 pm
I understand the midi and audio routing is separate.
The detection is a little strange, as all I did was open controller config without making changes and it started to work after several open and close sessions.

Whats strange is how VDJ knows which one is 1 and which one is 2.
In SSL, each time I open it, the decks screen will say "select deck" and you assign it 1 or 2 etc..

So without manually assigning at least once, I have no idea how VDJ randomly assigns correctly unless it was just a coincidence.
Equally odd that where the midi assignment was correct, it had the audio backwards.

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 18 @ 5:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)