Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Parameter Names (encoding)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello there,

I'm recently started to tinker with a simple VDJ plugin. I created button for a feature. I used DeclareParameterButton() to create it. When I gave my button a fancy name (in my language which sadly contains non-ASCII characters) the VirtualDJ replaced the fancy "é"-s and "ü"-s to a "?".

Now I looked this up, and I saw, that the language files (and basically every .xml file) works with an UTF-8 encoding and if I use a language.xml, all the special characters work fine. That's the VDJ interface though, not in my plugin. Also this plugin can write to a file and can send data over a network. In the file any special character is jingled, though if I parse the strings with java (on the other side of a network) it works fine. I tried to use setLocale() and other magic but to avail. I use MS Visual Studio for coding (in C++)

If anyone has an idea where am I wrong please help.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 11:59 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
We use mainly English when we develop plugin in order to share them.
So something to check indeed at plugins level as it's not the same approach as xml files (in UTF-8).

Mensajes Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 6:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you use utf8 to declare your button name that should work too.

Mensajes Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 3:58 am
Hey Guys!

Thank you very much for your help! I changed the encoding of the source files externally to UTF-8 and it seems that solved my problem...at long last!

Mensajes Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 2:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)