Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Historydelay PlayCount Function

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've discovered a little bug that probably nobody ever noticed:

When I'm in training mode and listening to songs via automix, I set the historyDelay - Setting temporarily to, say, 400 seconds so it's not marked as played (Play/Count).
Despite this, if I run it without interruption, the song is marked as being played short for the end (10-30 seconds before the end).
This actually distorts my statistics of the actual songs played in real action! ;-)

Am I right or is there a reason for that?

Mensajes Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 2:31 pm
Yes, no matter the time delay if a track gets played up to 99% of it's duration VirtualDJ will mark it as played.
That's by design.

PS: If you want to do stuff in VirtualDJ without altering your statistics then you may want to enable/disable the "readOnly" option in settings.
When enabled, no changes in database get saved. However you must restart VirtualDJ for that option to take effect.

Mensajes Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 2:52 pm
Thank you for the reply and the tip.
Only if I activate the readonly option, then I can not change any POI or e.g. correct/change tags!

Mensajes Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 2:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Another idea would be to keep Deck Volumes down so that the track never gets the played flag and probably connect some speaker to the Headphones channel to preview tracks at home ?

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 4:36 pm
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks DJDad. I'll watch this thread... :-)

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 5:11 pm
djdad wrote :
Another idea would be to keep Deck Volumes down so that the track never gets the played flag and probably connect some speaker to the Headphones channel to preview tracks at home ?

This tip is not optimal because I often use speakers and headphones at the same time in the "training mode".
As a rule, I play the songs only briefly. The beginning and the end. No problem.
Only when I go away from the PC and come back, then are in the automixmode some marked as played ....
If it is by design, I'll have to live with it. :-)

Thanks a lot.

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 9:44 am
Still curious what the "by design" reason is.. The 99% played rule prevents the setting in Settings from being an absolute value, which I think would serve everyone well.

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 1:53 pm
Let's put it this way:

You set the delay at 3 minutes (playtime)
You play a song UNINTERRUPTED from a cue to it's very end and the total duration of the play time was 2 minutes, and 58 seconds.
The "strict computer" logic would not mark this track as played since it didn't hit the 3 minutes mark.
Common sense though says that this track has been played since it reached it's very end (and it would get marked if it's length was bigger by 2 seconds)
That's the logic behind the current implementation (simplified)

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 2:25 pm
Thanks for that. I still prefer the strict computer logic, but I get it.. Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 3:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)