Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Bug report: Gain changes when loading WAV, M4A etc and mass tag does not work on these file types.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I want to set the gain to 0dB on *ALL* my files in the VDJ database. But if try to mass tag them by selecting all the files and then going into the tag editor and putting 0 in the gain field it does n ot write to them. Only individually. If I try to load a wav file onto a deck without first going in and indivually writing the gain tag to 0 it does a gan alaysis and sets a gain vaule in that field. Even though I have all gain options turned OFF under advanced options (Autogain off etc). I thought I could trick VDJ by editing the database.xml file and using a regular expression search and replace to replace all instanced of 'Volume="x.xxxxxxxx" with "1.00000000" but if a file like a WAV file does not already have a 'Volume=' tag in there it won't work. I *HAVE* to set the gain in the tag editor inside VDJ for each individual WAV, M4A etc file. I cannot just select all WAV files, right click, select tag editor and set the gain to 0 then write or OK it. It does not take. It only works on MP3 files and a few other file types.

This is incredibly frustrating as I want *ALL* my files to be set to 0dB in VDJ's database but I don't want to be there forever editing the tag on each individual file.

Beta 4675

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 7:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure why you want that?
If you don't want vdj to adjust the gain for you, simply set autoGain to No.

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 7:33 pm
Adion wrote :
Not sure why you want that?
If you don't want vdj to adjust the gain for you, simply set autoGain to No.

That does not work. It ignores it when scanning wav files. But I have figured out how to fix it even though it's a rubbish method. I let it analyze wav's and M4A's and then edit the database.xml and use a regular expression search and replace, to replace all the Volume="x.xxxxxx" with Volume="1.000000".

Can you do me a favor and test this. Disable any forrm of auto gain in VDJ options and then then add a WAV file into VDJ that you have never played before, then open the tag editor to check the gain field is 0 and close it. Then load it onto a deck and see if it changes the gain. It does on my VDJ even with all auto gain options disabled.

EDIT: OK it seems I can do mass tag gain to 0 on WAV files, I just had to make sure they were all analyzed first. If they have never been loaded onto a deck or analyzed then VDJ will not mass tag them. But it still does auto gain when you load a fresh WAV file so you may need to look into that.

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 7:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VDJ will indeed still analyze the file, and show you the relative loudness of the file.
However with autoGain set to No, the file is played as is, with no gain applied.

So sound-wise, there is no need to force the gain value in the tag to any specific value.

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 7:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)