Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: I want to turn off auto remove track from filter list!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

In the latest beta versions of VDJ when a song has been playing for a few seconds it is automatically removed from my 0 played filter list and the entire list shuffles. Sometimes with annoying results (like it won't stay in the same BPM range as set in my filter). This only started to happen in recent builds. I set ratings for each track when I am playing them so I do *NOT* want the tracks removed as I play them until I click away from the filter and back again.

Please tell me how I can get back the previous funtionality!

Why do developers always make new builds worse by doing stupid things like this? It was working just fine. Leave things like that alone! :P

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 7:19 pm
Auto-Refresh of filter folders is a new function.
It happens only when you use keys like bpm_difference and key_difference in your filters.
The auto-refresh was introduced in order to help users avoid going in and out of their filter folder every time they played a new song in order to update the filter contents
Remember that keys like those mentioned above take the "master deck" information into consideration. Since the master deck info changes as you play, it's only logical to refresh the filter folder as you play...

As an example:

You play a track that it's key is 2A
Your "compatible keys" filter folder shows tracks that are 1A, 2A, 3A and 2B
You pick the next song from the filter folder and play it (let's say the new track has a key of 3A)
It's only logical the filter to update and now show tracks that are 2A, 3A, 4A and 3B
If the folder doesn't refresh (as it was before) you have to get out of the folder and then back in for it's contents to update.
Otherwise you would risk to play a song with key 1A after 3A which is not compatible...

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 7:32 pm
The problem is when I have 0 play tracks. I want to be able to rate them as I play them. But if they get removed by the auto refresh I cannot do it and I can't be expected to remember the name of every track each time and go search for it again to rate it. Can I have an option to disable it? Which build was it introduced in so I can roll back in the meantime?

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 7:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What filter folder do you currently use then?
If it auto-updates, it does contain either bpm or key difference, which is relative to the currently playing track.

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 8:02 pm
I have noticed folders refreshing automatically lately too, and I certainly don't use any of those filters mentioned above. Thought I was going mad.

Which build was this introduced in as I don't remember seeing anything about this in changelogs?

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 8:18 pm
DeadMan3000 wrote :
The problem is when I have 0 play tracks. I want to be able to rate them as I play them.

Using wrong filter to show your new tracks then :)
Simply use a filter with a different logic I suppose :) like days since first seen or something like that

(and not a powerful live filter that results are relevant only to song currently played, such as bpm diff, key diff)

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 8:26 pm
It seems an odd thing to complain about...

You have a list of "never played" tracks, then you wonder why a track that you're playing disappears from the list? Because it's now been played!

If tracks that you play were to stay on the list, then it would no longer be a list of "never played" tracks!

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 9:11 pm
I don't care how it worked but it worked and now it's just annoying.

This worked for me for ages and now it's broken because some dev thought it would be a good idea to remove from a filter the last played a track. I used to be able to leave it there until I clicked out of the filter and back again. Now it auto removes it and I hate it.

Play Count <=0 & filepath contains "Club Music" & days since first seen <365 and Bpm Difference <10 and Key Difference <1

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 11:53 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It happens only when you use keys like bpm_difference and key_difference in your filters.

Looks like a bug then. Been happening to me as well.

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 12:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Keith if you notice that again, please have a look at the syntax of that filter, see if the criteria have anything to do with a track playing (BPM/Key difference, Play Count, Last Play etc) and let us know.

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 12:25 am
Will do.

Most of my filter folders are year based. Definitely happened a few days ago but will let you know if it happens again.

Here's an example of one of my filter folders:

year>=1980 and year <1985 and genre doesn't contain "xmas" and genre doesn't contain "megamix"

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 12:36 am
grennoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Deadman, try adding this to your filter

(Play Count <=0 or (play count = 1 & days since last play = 1)) & filepath contains "Club Music" & days since first seen <365 and Bpm Difference <10 and Key Difference <1

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 1:24 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)