Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: Script command

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command for this in vdj8, "sampler 1 load "1pullup.mp3" & sampler 1 play_stutter". The "sampler 1 load" does not work in vdj8.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 7:05 pm
Try sampler_play 1 instead

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 7:12 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Try sampler_play 1 instead

sampler play, just play the sample, I am loading and playing a sample on the fly, this work fine in vdj 7, this is the reason I have not move to vdj 8 yet. This a part of my sampler randomizer that changes the sample every 30 sec.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 8:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no sampler loading action in VDJ. Main reason is that version 8 has unlimited sampler slots/banks, while version 7 had limitation and such an action made sense to have,
Can you explain under what circumstances you are using such an action ?

dfyffe wrote :
This a part of my sampler randomizer that changes the sample every 30 sec.

Can you explain how this automatic (?) random procedure was taking place in version 7 ?

Pretty sure we can find a workaround.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 2:05 pm
How many samples are there in total? You could just load the entire set and then play the pad holding the one you want, rather than loading one at a time.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 3:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 3:27 pm
djdad wrote :
There is no sampler loading action in VDJ. Main reason is that version 8 has unlimited sampler slots/banks, while version 7 had limitation and such an action made sense to have,
Can you explain under what circumstances you are using such an action ?

dfyffe wrote :
This a part of my sampler randomizer that changes the sample every 30 sec.

Can you explain how this automatic (?) random procedure was taking place in version 7 ?

Pretty sure we can find a workaround.

Here is the application, I play on a internet radio, I have a batch file running in the background that copies a random sample every 30 sec to my sample directory overwriting the file, so every 30 sec when I press my sampler button, a different sound it played. This batch file copy a random file at a preset time interval, but the files in the folder are voice notes and sound effects that is constantly changing, thats why preloading the samples to sample banks would not work for my application.

Mensajes Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 5:32 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Out of a pool of how many samples?

You could have a full bank of 64 samples and set up a repeating script to change the default sample every 30 seconds.

repeat_start 30000ms & sampler select +1

then just call the default sample with
sampler_play

Mensajes Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 5:43 pm
locodog wrote :
Out of a pool of how many samples?

You could have a full bank of 64 samples and set up a repeating script to change the default sample every 30 seconds.

repeat_start 30000ms & sampler select +1

then just call the default sample with
sampler_play

I have a total of 10 pools that range from 28 to 163 samples

Mensajes Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:22 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ok still possible, Build multiple banks of samples any pool bigger than 64 split into several banks, then we can write a script. (I've never tested if banks can hold more than 64, maybe they can as I've used deck 100 before now)
Best that you make the banks and give me the inventory [bank name & samples in bank count] then we can make it happen, we can probably get some randomness in there too.

Mensajes Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:38 pm
locodog wrote :
Ok still possible, Build multiple banks of samples any pool bigger than 64 split into several banks, then we can write a script. (I've never tested if banks can hold more than 64, maybe they can as I've used deck 100 before now)
Best that you make the banks and give me the inventory [bank name & samples in bank count] then we can make it happen, we can probably get some randomness in there too.

Name Count
Pullup (1) 76
JJingle (2) 162
Sfx1 (3) 108
Sfx2 (4) 88
DFyffe (5) 55
VCR2 (6) 67
VCR1 (7) 60
VCR In (8) 75
VCR Ja (9) 127
VCR Us (10)58

Mensajes Fri 18 Jan 19 @ 6:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)