Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Audio changing pitch?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm running Virtual DJ 8, Pro license via subscription. Randomly, since the last 2 updates, I will load a song, that plays just fine anytime and anywhere else, and suddenly it'll sound like the chipmunks singing. Music, everything has raised it's pitch up high. Then, 2 songs or so later, a different song, again plays fine everywhere else, will suddenly play very low toned. I've tried 2 different controllers & sound cards. Setup# 1: Rane MP24 w/ Denon HD2500N. Has worked flawlessly for 6 years w/ zero issues. Setup#2: Denon MC4000 purchased brand new in October of 2018 specifically to run with this software. Everything works fine w/ both accept the audio. I'm also using 1 laptop, and 1 MS Surface Pro. Laptop is an i3 2.8Ghz processor w/ 8 GB or Ram. Surface Pro is an i5 processor w/ 8 GB of RAM. Both have plenty of HD space available. And both machines are using USB 2.0 interfaces minimum. the laptop was using USB 3.0 for sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mensajes Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 1:40 am
Make sure autoBPMMatch is disabled in settings and SmartPlay also.

Switch on MasterTempo

Mensajes Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 11:38 am
Thank you! I checked and all was already set the way you suggested it. Thank you for trying to help!

Mensajes Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 2:25 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
It’s unclear from the original post exactly when this happens:

- both computers?
- both controllers on either computer?
- computer without controller?

Can you reproduce the problem? What about posting a video to help everyone understand?

The earlier suggestions were what I would have checked. Please provide more information and hopefully someone can figure this issue out.

Mensajes Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 3:54 pm
This problem happens with both computers, both controllers and is totally random on songs that it occurs on .

Original issue was w/ laptop and Rane MP24 w/ Denon HD2500N. Randomly a song with have a higher pitch (sound almost like chipmunks singing), I could immediately load the same song in the OTHER player, and it would play just fine. (ultimately, it didn't matter which player was playing the song) Then, last night I set everything up, exactly as it was for the gig, accept playing through home theater system. The first 4-5 songs played perfect, then it started the same thing again. I then grabbed my Denon MC4000 and swapped out the Rane mp24 and HD2500 with the MC 4000. Left the laptop in place. Played 4 songs, did the same thing with the new controller. THEN, swapped the laptop out with the Surface Pro, did the same thing after 2 songs. I then posted here to see if anyone could help.

I even installed a new update that was auto downloaded last night as well. The only common thing between all of this is the software. :-( I used virtual DJ 7 pro before this and had no issues at all. I only upgraded because the MC 4000 wouldn't work when I tried to use it w/ VDJ 7.

I will work on trying to get a video or something for it if it will help.

Mensajes Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 10:19 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for the details. I’m stumped at the moment but maybe someone else here will have a thought. Did you have any effects running at the time? Perhaps unknowingly?

Mensajes Sun 03 Feb 19 @ 4:09 am
When it plays at this high pitch sound what is the pitch control set to?

Almost sounds like the speed/pitch control is being set to max.

Might be worth when it happens next to grab a pic or a video as suggested, as will help us understand the issue a bit better.

Mensajes Sun 03 Feb 19 @ 7:59 am
user18730923 wrote :
I used virtual DJ 7 pro before this

How? You don't have a full Pro license, only a subscription (which doesn't work with VDJ 7).

Mensajes Sun 03 Feb 19 @ 9:06 am
I was one of the people who, for a short time, ran a boot leg copy... I then bought the subscription to VDJ 8. Believe it or not, my conscience was getting to me and knew it was the right thing to do. Now, I pay the monthly pro subscription for full access to all controllers.

To answer another question, the "Pitch Control" was set to the home (middle) position.

I will do my best to get audio for a few minutes that shows me changing the song from existing to a new song to show the audio/pitch variation.

Thank you all for trying to help!

Mensajes Sun 03 Feb 19 @ 9:13 pm
So it's just the key that's changing then, not the tempo (speed)? What's key lock set to while this is happening?

Mensajes Mon 04 Feb 19 @ 5:34 pm
Yes! That's it... (Sorry, I was never a person who knew the right verbiage) As far as I know, it's set to default. and set to "Key Lock" I will double check that ASAP!!! I totally forgot about that feature!

Mensajes Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 3:36 am
groovindj wrote :
So it's just the key that's changing then, not the tempo (speed)? What's key lock set to while this is happening?

Thank you very much!!! That's what it was!! it was set to "AUTO KEY = On" I didn't even realized that setting was there. I'm sure I'd seen it before, but don't ever remember clicking it.

That solved the problem completely! I guess, for my work and my style of DJing, I would never use that feature...

Thanks again!

Mensajes Sun 10 Feb 19 @ 1:54 pm
Problem solved! Thanks for posting the solution, as future forum members may run into this.

Mensajes Sun 10 Feb 19 @ 2:15 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)