Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Controller Help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Controller Pioneer DDJ-SX2, installed drivers, open VDJ and got "New Device Detected", clicked on the "Use Soundcard" and clicked ok.
Started playing a track and the sound was distorted & low, so I went into "Playback Device" menu and seen a check mark on the DDJ-SX2 device icon, but there was no signal registering on the volume meter icon.

I went into hardware and sound and right clicked on DDJ-SX2 speaker icon to troubleshoot device and couldn't fix an error found.
Went into VDJ sound, everything looked good, hit apply, tried again and didn't work.
I then rebooted the laptop and started VDJ again got the "New Device Detected" prompt with "Use Soundcard", so clicked on it again and clicked ok and nothing changed for the better, Still not working

How can I fix this issue?
Windows 8.1 VDJ 8.3 b4918
Thanks, Joey..

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 4:38 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
I went into hardware and sound

You mean the Windows sound config area? You need to make sure that the SX2 is not selected as default Windows audio device. Set the OS default to your onboard audio (Realtek?). You don't want Windows sounds playing through the SX2, right?

Use the SX2 ASIO driver in VDJ.

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 4:42 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thank You, that did the trick, so don't press the use soundcard button at the first prompt when starting VDJ..

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 7:51 pm
That sets the VDJ sound config so yes, you ned to press that but only once.

The Windows settings are completely separate.

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 8:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
This is a normal issue on many Windows computers. Windows take the recent connected audio device and set it as it's new Windows System Audio Device. This may prevent ASIO to work because Windows is already using 2 channels of the device.

With some devices this is not a problem, because the device can be used safetly without ASIO, but not the SX2. The SX2 need ASIO mode to operate in 4 channels, and work only in stereo mode in WASAPI and there you have a big problem when you try it without setting your PC internal audio device as the Windows System Default and leaving free your Controller audio to be used in ASIO.

Is simple to correct, but confusing when you don't know where to fix this, even is a very common problem today. Thanks Kradcliffe for leading you in the right direction to solve it.

;-)

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 9:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)