Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: can External sound card cause VDJ to crash

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

in 7 years no crashes ... .over past 6 weeks.... crashed (program just freezes and I have to restart) 8 times. The only thing I can think of is the UGREEN external sound card that I added around that time. I have a huge show coming up Saturday. I welcome suggestions. I'm still using VDJ 7.4 if that helps.
thank you in advance for any suggestions . sincerely desperate lol

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 3:36 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Well yes bad drivers can crash VDJ as well as other softwares
Try to use more recent drivers if any or older
You may also want to use VDJ 2018 - which may or may not crash - but is more stable have more features as a "pro infinity" licence user youll have full access to everything

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 6:08 am
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
the UGREEN external sound card

What, the tiny little USB thing that costs $10? I'm not surprised it causes crashes. Is your budget really that limited?

I mean, even for domestic/consumer use, that's bottom end - and you're using it for DJ work?

Seriously, you're out earning money from DJ work. Invest some of it back into decent equipment!

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 4:35 pm
I purchased this as a emergency device. I understand your comment and respect it. Would you care to make a recommendation, for an external sound card? I have never used one before.

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 4:39 pm
It would help if you explained why you need one.

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 4:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it does not require you to install drivers (just a standard usb audio device) then it should be no problem.
It is possible that it's a problem with the combination of recent operating system, this sound card and virtual dj 7 though, so you may want to try vdj 8.

If you have a big gig coming up, making big changes is probably not a good idea though, so just do the gig on saturday the way you did it before you used this new sound card.

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 4:47 pm
First , thank you for your time and your experience. Groovindj has been so helpful. I may not need the external sound card. I always used the headphone jack, but was told that external card were usually much better than what was on board. I only purchased to use when I was experiencing a possible bad headphone jack. I have made progress , thanks to this room on installing the latest VDJ 8 (Thanks Groovindj) I feel much better !

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 5:48 pm
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
was told that external card were usually much better than what was on board

True if you spend a reasonable amount of money on one, but not if it's only $10 worth. :-)

Mensajes Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 6:10 pm
Agreed

Mensajes Mon 10 Jun 19 @ 6:30 am
would you approve of the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2g2 to use as a usb soundcard ?

Mensajes Wed 12 Jun 19 @ 3:41 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think you would need a 4 out audio device [unless you run in mono]

Mensajes Wed 12 Jun 19 @ 4:10 am
I have used this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Y2BP1Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in the past; but have since changed to Yamaha mixers (https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-MG10XU-10-Input-Stereo-Effects/dp/B00IBIVL42) which allows me to connect directly to it with USB. You do have to make sure you download the Steinberg drivers (https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver.html) that go with it though and load them. DO not use the one drivers Windows auto loads.

Hope this helps... cheers.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jun 19 @ 10:46 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)