Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: XML Variables in Skin and Database

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there any way to use the value of a variable from the skin.xml file in the database.xml file? For example, suppose I have a variable that changes value when a button is clicked. I would like the 'action' of a poi to be different depending upon the value of this variable.

I have tried setting the action of the button in the skin.xml file to the variable X like this:
action="toggle 'X"
Then, I set the action for a poi in the database.xml file to depend on the value of X, like this:
Action="X ? os2l_button 'Button_1' : os2l_button 'Button_2'"

But, this doesn't seem to work. Is there any way to use global variables or something like that to make this possible? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 5:49 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Mensajes Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 6:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
SteveWestPalm wrote :

Then, I set the action for a poi in the database.xml file to depend on the value of X, like this:
Action="X ? os2l_button 'Button_1' : os2l_button 'Button_2'"

Action="var 'X' 1 ? os2l_button 'Button_1' : os2l_button 'Button_2'"

Mensajes Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 7:15 pm
The most important thing here is that you use local (per deck) variables.
toggle 'MyVar' will change/alter the variable named 'MyVar' only on the deck the action was executed.
Therefore if your button belongs to a deck (let's say deck 1) it will alter 'MyVar' only on deck 1 and action POI's that run on deck 2 won't see the change.

However, toggle '$MyVar' will toggle a GLOBAL variable (unique variable on the entire program)
Please note that 'MyVar' and '$MyVar' are actually 2 different variables. Changing the global variable '$MyVar' does not change/ has effect on local 'MyVar' variables.
In this case your POI's should also query the global variable:
var_equal '$MyVar' 1 ? this : that

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 8:03 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)