Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Tags not following moved folders

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I need help figuring this out.

I renamed a bunch tracks and tags in a folder on my desktop. Tags work great!

However....I then moved the folder to another folder on my desktop AND now the tags did not save. If I move the folder back...all is well.

What am i missing?

MAC OS High Sierra.

BTW....I do have an external drive.

Mensajes Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 5:51 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Are you sure to have written the tags - did you used the "Write tags" button ? not only alter them in the database ?

unless you use VDJ to move/rename the folders, as long as tags are not written into the file they won't follow because VDJ database will not be updated by system

As all is well when you move folder back i suggest you do this and then move folder from within VDJ

Otherwise

if tags are writteninto the files you can simply refresh them using Batch -> Reload tags
and then "remove missing files from Search db " because old location is still in database

another solution if there are not too many files : relocate missing files
this will keep old database tags and apply them new file location

Mensajes Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 6:34 pm
Not sure if I follow you...both Screenshots shows Tag Editor filename Thompson Twins - King For A Day (U.S. Remix).mp3

Notice the blank Artist Field Name? I click on Get Artist/Title from Filename and the tags align.

However......As soon as I move the folder OR Press reload Tags....the fields go blank

Mensajes Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 11:13 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Maybe problems with tags themselves

Filename is well formed so that VDJ can determine Artist Title and Remix from filename
On first image it looks like only Title tag is store in file tags - the Artist blank field - and contains filename

When click on Get Artist/Title from Filename the tags align - filename is ok so everything is good -
On second picture everything look like it have to be

What is strange is tag indicators are present even you do not click Write tags
May indicate option "setTagsAuto" is set to on but silently fail - tag editor does not display file errors - write, rename ...
If getTagsAuto or getTitleFromTags are set as well when folder change Old tags may be read again

Would be fine to know exactly what tags are really written into the file their format and what do they really contain

These are just ideas, looks strange

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 12:23 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Maybe the database is locked or the drive needs write permissions

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 2:43 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)