Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Virtual DJ 2020 Freeze problem
When I mix the half of my dj set suddenly freezes and I can not do anything but the song still goes and I can not do absolutely anything I have to turn off the program in the task manager. And whenever I install the program I install 32 bit version but I need 64 bit version

what can I do?

Mensajes Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 12:01 pm
Having this issue also. It started when i upgraded to IOS Catalina. Please help!!

Mensajes Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 1:46 pm
bmdiscos wrote :
Having this issue also. It started when i upgraded to IOS Catalina. Please help!!
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Mensajes Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 4:49 pm
Absolute life saver!!! Thanks LOCO JESUS DJ ;)

Mensajes Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 9:20 pm
Every time I begin a mix virtual dj2020 freezes sticking!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled... Same issue. Support please!!!

Mensajes Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 9:58 pm
The same thing is happening to me. The music will keep playing but I'm unable to search for a new song. If I restart, it works again for a while. Any suggestions?

Mensajes Fri 29 Nov 19 @ 4:09 pm
Zoom DJsPRO SubscriberMember since 2009
All my online features stop as soon as it decides to cut connection. My laptop is connected to the internet constantly but VDJ just cut it's connection.

Then all it says is "downloading" till I restart it.

Extremely annoying, seeing as I can't access any of my pools that I'm paying a subscription fee for.

Mensajes Fri 29 Nov 19 @ 9:18 pm
I am having the same "freezing" issue, then it crashes. Messy version. Help please or can I wind it back to previous version?

Mensajes Wed 12 Feb 20 @ 3:46 am
Same freezing issue here. Not sure if it started with Catalina or the 2020 version of VDJ but it's driving me nuts.

Mensajes Fri 14 Feb 20 @ 9:08 am
Dear Virtual DJ. I am having a few problems with you software. Little background - I am a resident DJ, using a MacBook Pro with Catalina. First BIG PROBLEM: What the heck is this issue with VDJ and iCloud? Before you ask, I do not log out of iCloud, but still, when I shut the VDJ program, and log back in, I loose ALL of my cue points. Now, your techs are saying it is a a Apple issue, I see this differently. Why not offer a means to save all information through VDJ, similar to a save button within VDJ of sorts. Your program is making my professional life difficult. Oh, by the way, when I asked your tech for a solution, he/she told me to look it up in GOOGLE! Great support. Please come up a fix. I am not the only one with this problem.

PROBLEM TWO: On MAC, VDJ program jumps around/jittery and freezes in the middle of sets! What the hell?! You all also know that this is a problem, but yet offer no tangible solution.

Yes, I am using the most updated version. Yes, I have to several times with your online techs. Also, have all conversations saved in email if you need a copy of the chat.

Mensajes Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 7:56 am
user20595301 wrote :
Why not offer a means to save all information through VDJ, similar to a save button within VDJ of sorts.

If you mean temp cue (just clicking the cue button), it's because it's temp

If you mean hot cues (and mix points, and colors and other track related info:
Because VDJ already does it automatically. You can't avoid it -VDJ always saves

Hotcues, bpms, and all other pr track information goes into/documents/virtualdj/database.xml file - if you are using an external drive it makes a database.xml file on the drive with the same purpose
The program settings goes into the /documents/virtualdj/settings.xml file

The only reason why it will not save is if it does't have the file rights to the files mentioned above - and those kind of file rights problems are indeed often seen on Apple/Macs. So the operating system is the place to fix it

Mensajes Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 8:21 am
I am havng this SAME issue! this embarrasses me frequently!! i have uploaded windows 10/ 2004 and i practices sets hours before and it STILL does it!! PLEASE RESOLVE ISSUE or if anyone suggests any help PLEASE enlighten me!!! i CANNOT have this issue happen to me i am a RESIDENT DJ and there is alot at stake!!!

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 11:31 pm
Im having freezing issues to have to restart the laptop over and over for me if i change something in the settings it will lock up or right now trying to turn on camera and its locking up having to keep restarting the laptop

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 7:05 pm
my macbook pro have both been freezing right in the middle of playing. no music at all. the mouse locks up and i have to restart the computer.. Is there a safer build?
im running catalina, and build 6106. never had these issues before..

Mensajes Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 5:32 am
I'm also seeing this. Playing a set on the 72, UI freezes completely. I wasn't interacting with VDJ when it froze. All functions still fine on the 72, options panel works, but the GUI is frozen - have tried resizing, changing skin, anything to trigger a re render but I can't get the GUI back. MacOS 10.14.6, VDJ V8.5 b6106

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 4:34 pm
Is it possible to just make the previous one availible again because its obviously the software PLEASE until the kinks are worked out on this new update because its is very annoying to get 30 mins into a set and everything just freezes

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 1:38 am
iamcottonmouf wrote :
Is it possible to just make the previous one availible again because its obviously the software PLEASE until the kinks are worked out on this new update because its is very annoying to get 30 mins into a set and everything just freezes

Well, the post you are replying to IS about a previous VDJ version, so the issues you may have are probably not due to a VDJ release
My VDJ for instance (latest public release) is running fine on 4-5 different laptops running Win7 and Win10 - so there probably are no general kinks of this kind in the current version

But yes, you can download and install previous builds and versions from here:

(Pro tip: it's almost never about the VDJ program, but instead about what is surrounding it on your laptop)

Mensajes Mon 12 Oct 20 @ 7:40 am
klausmogensen wrote :
iamcottonmouf wrote :

Well, the post you are replying to IS about a previous VDJ version, so the issues you may have are probably not due to a VDJ release
My VDJ for instance (latest public release) is running fine on 4-5 different laptops running Win7 and Win10 - so there probably are no general kinks of this kind in the current version

But yes, you can download and install previous builds and versions from here:

(Pro tip: it's almost never about the VDJ program, but instead about what is surrounding it on your laptop)

How can i be the laptop when so many users are complaining about the same issue?

Mensajes Tue 25 May 21 @ 2:24 pm
djprimo4real wrote :

How can i be the laptop when so many users are complaining about the same issue?

That's easy. Most people have really bloated/badly configured laptops, that are not fit for audio (or video) processing

Mensajes Tue 25 May 21 @ 2:41 pm
This might be of help to some on this thread, I too was having the freezing issues, after removing Twitch Streaming app everything went back to normal, so it's possible there is an app conflicting with Virtual DJ

Mensajes Fri 26 Nov 21 @ 7:10 pm