Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Auto sampler pad change

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have different groups(pads) of samplers to be played with different genres of music..is there a way to automatically(without using the parameter buttons) change these pads as the music or type of music changes.
As my genre tags are mostly null..i was thinking of using file path as my variable and song playing on deck 1 as another variable.
Something along the lines of :
If song "file path contains xyz" is playing on deck 1..load xyz sampler pad
If song "file path contains abc" is playing on deck 1...load sampler pad abc.

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 4:22 am
Tracking.......

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 12:38 pm
Tracking????

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 7:45 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you almost got it...

map something like his to your keyboard ONSONGLOAD Action :

deck 1 ?
get_loaded_song 'filepath' ' & param_lowercase &
param_contains "SOMEGENRE_1" ? sampler_bank "SAMPLEBANKFORGENRE_1" :
.....INCLUDE YOUR OTHER TESTS
param_contains "SOMEGENRE_N" ? sampler_bank "SAMPLERBANKFORGENRE_N" :
sampler_bank "DEFAULT_SAMPLERBANK"
: nothing

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 9:41 pm
Dj Pari M wrote :
Tracking????

Hahaa!! Yeah as in I’m interested in this also so I’ll following the thread or “track” this thread and see where it goes 🤷🏾‍♂️

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 9:49 pm
a spurious quote was inserted in the code .o0O(°!°)O0o.
get_loaded_song 'filepath' & param_lowercase &

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 11:26 pm
i mapped this unsuccessfully into my onsongload

deck 2 ? get_loaded_song 'filepath' & param_lowercase & param_contains "SOCA" ? sampler_bank "Soca(12)" : sampler_bank "General(12)" : nothing

using deck 2 instead as the variable,with the sampler bank "General(12)" being my default sampler bank.
another question...when u say other tests.u mean other filepaths as variables ok?

Mensajes Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 4:49 pm
@ sound insurgent.. did u manage to get it working?

Mensajes Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 1:23 pm
param_lowercase & param_contains "SOCA" ......

if param cast to lowercase take care testing against lowercases

param_lowercase & param_contains "soca"

lowercase is here just to prevent issues like this one with latin lowercases non ascii characters wrongly not converted to uppercase
if ascii only, you may remove it

Mensajes Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 2:43 pm
ok i sorted it out with some edits of the script...i removed the '?' after deck 2 and the nothing part at the end.

deck 2 get_loaded_song 'filepath' & param_lowercase & param_contains "soca" ? sampler_bank "Soca(12)" : sampler_bank "General(12)"

this works perfectly as deck 2 is the variable(change to your desire) and putting the filepath container in all commons(soca) and adding the your default sampler bank at the end(General(12)).the inclusion of other filepath containers(more options) should be inserted before the part where you put the default bank.

Thanks again Nicotux!

Mensajes Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 4:46 pm
One more thing,can i use any attributes of virtual folders as my queried variable instead of using the filepath param. Things like the name or even the filepath of the virtual folder???

Mensajes Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 5:11 pm
I don't think so...
loaded songs only have their own info
no way to know if you selected it from a favorite or a virtual folder or a filter or a playlist

you can try to request a new feature,
i.e. use the "from" field - which is not mapped and not used in this case - to store the virtual origin a track comes from when loaded

Mensajes Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 9:25 pm
Ok..i thought so..was thinking of mirroring the virtual folder name/path in the group field....if i do..recreating the script should be straight forward..ok tanks again man!

Mensajes Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 1:03 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)