Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Importing Song Tags

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there a tag that I can set on my songs so that 'FirstSeen' field is populated? Is there a list of all the tags that Virtual DJ will read somewhere that I can use for reference? I already figured out that group could be set by setting the tag 'GROUPING' for video or 'CONTENTGROUP' for audio files.

Mensajes Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 4:47 pm
"FirstSeen" is a special database field. It does not get written on the tags, nor it can be read from a field.
It's simply the date VirtualDJ "saw" the file for the first time (and added it to the database)

Mensajes Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 6:35 pm
Thanks for your answer. Is this documented anywhere? As a follow up question, do you know of any tag that I could write which VirtualDJ will interpret as a date field? Other than the year? Is there an API to write to the Virtual DJ library with scripts?

Mensajes Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 9:05 pm
VDJ seem to only support year as a four-digit text value. But a full date can be stored in either comment, field1 or field2 (the two latter are User1 and User2 in the database file itself). I guess it is this way due to "lowest common nominator" since VDJ can read many other tags than just ID3 which may or may not support a full date.

Quote :
Is there an API to write to the Virtual DJ library with scripts?
I am actually working on such a thing, in-between other battles and as a 3. party, which will support JavaScript scripting as a start. There is no release time at this date. I also intend to communicate closer with Atomix when the time comes to make sure no surprises pops up when working with the database file.

Mensajes Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 9:39 pm
You can set pretty much any supported tag (or database) field via VDJ script.
Check the browsed_song action for details.

Mensajes Fri 15 Nov 19 @ 1:17 am
jangeador wrote :
Is there an API to write to the Virtual DJ library with scripts?

OK, for those interested I have now published a scriptable API for VirtualDJ at https://github.com/silverspex/vdjdataapi

This allows you to load and save database files, work with songs as objects, backup/restore and much else.

It's not for everyone though - you'll need to know Node.js/JavaScript to use it. It is currently in ALPHA - Let me know if you find any issues or have features you'd like to add. See the readme file in the link for details.

And as always: make sure to make backups before you save back database or playlist files!

Mensajes Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 9:51 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Putting out code to write to the database as an alpha, - well, you're braver than I.

Mensajes Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 10:34 am
lol, well, I guess after doing this a while an alpha isn't just a total mess anymore :) That being said, it's alpha mostly because it misses functionality and the api may change. But true, it hasn't undergone extended tests (only a ~25,000 track database so far for parsing and some cleanup tests - if someone would share theirs I'll be happy to receive, doesn't need to include the music, unless you insist..).

But good news is that it currently writes back a byte identical database with the exception of some whitespace VirtualDJ leaves behind the Song closing tag in some instances, as well as some entity edge cases - I'm working on the latter. Also need some double checks for some POIs variations (VDJ seem picky as to attribute sequence order).

Oh, it comes with built-in backup + restore functions, too.

But sure, it's always good to take some precaution when testing it out regardless :)

Mensajes Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 11:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

lol guru meditation error.

Mensajes Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 12:51 pm
The good old Amiga days... :)

Mensajes Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 1:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)