Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Denon MC7000 VDJ 2020 Tweaks (MCX8000) - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'll post my tweaks for VDJ 2020 and the Denon MC7000 here. Many should be similar in the MCX8000 but I can't confirm. I'll keep each tweak to it's own reply. LED Script included when applicable. Any thoughts, ideas, input, get in touch. The titles with a question mark still need to be wrote. My other recommendations are Loudmax VST in the Master FX and Dada Lifes Endless Smile VST as a build up FX, crazy Filter, Reverb, Delay, Riser Tone all in 1 knob.

AutoLoop Loop Back Mode
Browser rewrite improved Lprep operation
Eject Deck
Filter Color FX change (much simpler script now in 2020)
FX Bit Crush
FX Echo Doppler
FX Show GUI
FX Flipping Doubles?
Pads Loop Size
Pads HotCues Hold?
Pitch Faders Link
Undo Load
Waveform Zoom
and more!!!

Thanks to the amazingly well thought out development of VDJ, it's really easy to get inside and change things to how you need. Open settings, click controllers, press the button on the controller, it will now display the name near the top Right, click this name and text will display in action, copy my script or write your own, use the other scripts to give you an idea. Plenty of people here to help. Big shout to you all.

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 6:12 pm
Autoloop Loop Back Mode
Press and hold 'Autoloop' to activate loop back mode with LED script

AUTOLOOP
holding ? loop_back : loop

LED_AUTOLOOP
loop ? loop on : loop_back blink

LED_BACK
loop_back blink

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 6:29 pm
Browser L.Prep Improved Flow
Same button operation for Sidelist Load, Enter and Delete with LED reference
1. Pressing L.Prep in songs browser loads song into Sidelist Automix
2. Pressing and holding L.Prep enters Sidelist Automix browser
3. Pressing L.Prep in Sidelist browser removes song from Sidelist

LOAD_PREP
holding ? browser_window 'automix' : browser_window 'songs' ? playlist_add : browser_remove

LED_LOAD_PREP
browser_window 'sideview'

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 7:09 pm
MCX8000, something that annoys the hell out of me is having to alter the gain control on every new song loaded....there must be a way to have the controller match the software......

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 7:18 pm
MickyMix250 wrote :
MCX8000, something that annoys the hell out of me is having to alter the gain control on every new song loaded....there must be a way to have the controller match the software......

Turn off 'autogain' functions and 'autogain included in slider'. Now the gain control will behave like a normal gain on a traditional mixer. There isn't reset on load which means the gain would now be in a different position in VDJ to the position on the control, which is what would cause issues. If you prefer the non traditional way of level matching, I can't help you.

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 7:23 pm
Eject Deck
Same button operation for Load/Eject. Hold Select/Load (the browser knob) to Eject Deck.

BROWSE_PUSH
holding ? unload : browser_enter

There's a bug in the MC7000 that Denon wont address. The Shift function of the PANEL button registers the same midi as Shift Select/Load (SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH) instead of shift Panel. It's not too much of an issue to bother fixing as this is BROWSER ZOOM mapped, works well for both. All it means is we have 1 less option for possible mapping.

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 7:39 pm
Filter Color FX Assign
Unlock the Color FX to each filter knob using the FX assign 1 buttons. The FX assign number corresponds to the channel. With LED reference for when the Filter isn't the Filter.. This used to be a complicated script in previous VDJ, involving custom buttons etc.

FX1_ASSIGN
filter_selectcolorfx +1

LED_FX1_ASSIGN
effect_active 'colorfx'

This can be expanded to include only the Color Fx you wish to scroll through and has the advantage of been able to assign different Color FX to each channel Filter. Use a spare channel for a riser sound, whilst filtering out another track in the mix.

TIP: For those who want the ECHO to act more like a POST Fader FX (or is that PRE), instead of cutting the volume fader to remove the track leaving the FX (like certain famous mixers), cut the gain knob or stop the track once the FX is active. If you want the track to return in sync (not an end FX) use slip mode and grab the platter. Having the fader to still be able to turn down the FX IMO is essential.

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 8:30 pm
Great mitchiemasha!!!
Thank you very much for your work.
I will be testing your improvements in the mapping of the MC7000.
Keep it up!!!
Regards.

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 8:32 pm
rafarenas wrote :
Great mitchiemasha!!!
Thank you very much for your work.
I will be testing your improvements in the mapping of the MC7000.
Keep it up!!!
Regards.

Thank you. There's a lot more to come. I'm just going through each one and checking everything. A few new ones I'm excited about trying. I'm thinking of making FX Assign 2 flipping doubles for the corresponding track number. This FX is simply an On and Off so it should be perfect. The only down side with the Forum is I can't edit the first post after a duration of time to add the new titles once we've though of them.

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 8:39 pm
FX Show GUI
Press and Hold 'FX On' to show/hide GUI of the FX in that slot.

FX1_ON
holding ? effect_show_gui 1 : effect active 1

FX2_ON
holding ? effect_show_gui 2 : effect active 2

FX3_ON
holding ? effect_show_gui 3 : effect active 3

Help: it would be nice to have the 'FX On' button blink when the GUI is visible (Thank you Loco)

LED_FX1_ON
effect_active 1 ? on : effect_show_gui 1 blink

LED_FX2_ON
effect_active 2 ? on : effect_show_gui 2 blink

LED_FX3_ON
effect_active 3 ? on : effect_show_gui 3 blink

Tip: Due to how the other knobs work, Beats etc. it's best to load certain FX in certain slots. More on that later

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 9:01 pm
FX Bit Crush
Changes Distortion FX into Bit Crush when loaded in Slot 2. FX 2 knob will control Downsample instead of Distortion. Set distortion to 0 as it's default.

FX2_PARAM
effect_select 2 'distortion' ? effect_slider 2 2 : effect_slider 2 1

FX Bit Crush Bonus
Changes Distortion FX into Bit Crush when loaded in Slot 2. FX 2 knob will control Downsample instead of Distortion. AUTO Set distortion to 0 as it's default. With original 1 or 3 slot script still included.

FX2_PARAM
effect_3slots_layout ? effect_select 2 'distortion' ? effect_slider 2 1 0% & effect_slider 2 2 : effect_slider 2 1 : effect_slider 2

Mensajes Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 9:24 pm
Waveform Zoom
Uses needle drop touch pad to zoom the waveform display when music is audible from that deck

NEEDLE_SEARCH
is_audible ? zoom : song_pos

Mensajes Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 1:15 pm
Pitch Fader Link
Press and hold keylock button to link all pitch faders. Moving 1 will move them all. Perfect for speeding up or slowing down whilst in the mix, staying in the mix. Press and hold again to deactivate. Lock LED will flash as a warning that they are linked.

KEYLOCK
holding ? pitch_lock : key_lock

LED_KEYLOCK
key_lock ? key_lock on : pitch_lock blink

Note, I prefer to mix like vinyl pitch so rarely use keylock. Keylock on will override the warning blink LED with a solid LE but you can see via the other deck. If you use keylock be default, this would need to be inverted.

Mensajes Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 1:52 pm
Undo Load
Press and hold 'Back' to revert to previously loaded track.

BACK
holding ? undo_load : browser_window -1

Mensajes Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 4:34 pm
Reading silently but have to say, I love all tweaks I've been reading. Will apply some to MCX8000

Thanks for all the tips & tricks.

DjChachi

Mensajes Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 5:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a couple of notes..

1. I see you are using .. holding ? .. a lot. Keep in mind that you will have a delay with the primary action, because VDJ will wait to see if you will keep holding the button (t trigger the 1st action) before executing the primary (2nd one in the query).
So with this for example .. holding ? loop_back : loop ... you use for the AUTOLOOP will not trigger the loop action at the exact position/time you press the button.

2. If you finish your custom button, feel free to unload to our Addons. Then you will have a dedicated page (topic) in the Addons forum to post details on how each button works.

Mensajes Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 5:31 pm
Dj Chachi wrote :
Reading silently but have to say, I love all tweaks I've been reading. Will apply some to MCX8000

Thanks for all the tips & tricks.

DjChachi

Thank you. There would of been a lot more added today but I haven't got the energy to focus. Struggling with a few finer details. There's a few mistakes in the earlier posts and i can't edit them so check for newer ones.

Mensajes Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 5:37 pm
djdad wrote :
Just a couple of notes..

1. I see you are using .. holding ? .. a lot. Keep in mind that you will have a delay with the primary action, because VDJ will wait to see if you will keep holding the button (t trigger the 1st action) before executing the primary (2nd one in the query).
So with this for example .. holding ? loop_back : loop ... you use for the AUTOLOOP will not trigger the loop action at the exact position/time you press the button.

2. If you finish your custom button, feel free to unload to our Addons. Then you will have a dedicated page (topic) in the Addons forum to post details on how each button works.

1. I didn't think it would effect (affect?) the primary function but that makes perfect sense. This is very bad news. I prefer holding instead of shift functions due to hand limitations. I can't say I noticed in practice but I tend to auto compensate for delays after a time of use, years of no DJ monitors, laggy Cues on cheap CD players and latent DAWS in studios. I will have a practice now. This might explain why I'm quite early on the loop pads I've just set up

2. I'd love the ability to correct earlier posts here, just to edit out mistakes, missed markings etc. I will post to the addons but this will likely be a 'living' mapper, constant changes whilst learning.

Mensajes Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 6:01 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
[quote=djdad]Just a couple of notes..

1. I didn't think it would effect (affect?) the primary function but that makes perfect sense. This is very bad news. I prefer holding instead of shift functions due to hand limitations. I can't say I noticed in practice but I tend to auto compensate for delays after a time of use, years of no DJ monitors, laggy Cues on cheap CD players and latent DAWS in studios. I will have a practice now. This might explain why I'm quite early on the loop pads I've just set up

2. I'd love the ability to correct earlier posts here, just to edit out mistakes, missed markings etc. I will post to the addons but this will likely be a 'living' mapper, constant changes whilst learning.

You can change the Time for Holding : Example : holding 600ms ? pitch_reset : key_lock

Mensajes Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 4:51 pm
djdutschi wrote :
You can change the Time for Holding : Example : holding 600ms ? pitch_reset : key_lock

Ahh! yes! but! the issue here is, even the non holding command will now be delayed. Not really a problem for key locks etc but for loop, even when you're not in loop back mode (secondary function), pressing the loop button for a normal loop (primary function) will have latency, for triggering loops this is a huge issue. VDJ will wait to know if you're holding or not, not activating the loop instantly. At least this is what I think I'm being told. Although, VDJ could potentially know you're not holding, as you've already let go, and simply activate the loop. Why does the software need to wait for the hold duration if you've already let go before desiding you're not holding?

Disclaimer. That might read a bit gobbledy. I do apologise. Any more clarification appreciated.

Mensajes Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 1:19 am
69%