Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Gain Takeover

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey team -

Since I have moved to the 6000 MkII (from the MK1) I have had to get used to some new interactions with VDJ. One that frutsrates me more than no other is the Gain. I am always fiddling with the gain. Every song. Every mix None of the settings- Relative, Instant, etc do not give me the results I like. I set my gain on my controller at 12 oclock - I want virtual to leave it there until I move it. Is there a script I could write that allows that?

Mensajes Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 8:33 pm
MC6000 mk2 uses software mixing.

Automix - Auto
Gainsliderincludesautogain - yes

This will set the gain properly so you won't need to play with the knob. The 12 o clock thing is visual.

Mensajes Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 8:49 pm
I’m confused. Why would I set automix to auto. I’m asking for manual mixing.

Mensajes Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 4:39 am
He meant autoGain = auto
Also it's critical to set "gainSliderIncludesAutoGain" to yes/true

Mensajes Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 9:58 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thought auto remember was the way to go.
Is auto the better way?

Mensajes Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 3:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
remember makes it very easy to have temporary changes saved permanently, thus screwing up the gain the next time the track is loaded.
For making permanent corrections to autogain in case the detection was wrong it is recommended to use the tag editor and change the gain value there instead.

Mensajes Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 3:45 pm
Thanks for the tips team. I have an event tonight. I’ll post back to let u know results

Mensajes Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 6:33 pm
So no luck. I placed the recommended settings. And still had to adjust the gain knob. I dont mix using the crossfader - I use the channel. is that the issue

Mensajes Sat 07 Dec 19 @ 3:39 am
I have no idea why I am coming up as Akida Kaos - I changed that sooooo long ago

To re-iterate. If I move the gain knob to the 10 oclock position I want it it to stay there - Virtual keeps moving it back to the 12 oclock position. and the virtual line is at the 10 - I need it to stay. Volume is all over the place and I dont need to fiddle with knobs every mix.

Mensajes Sat 07 Dec 19 @ 4:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why do you want the gain slider at 10 instead of 12 by default?
If you want to add more headroom, you can use zeroDb setting instead of lowering the gain knobs.

Mensajes Sat 07 Dec 19 @ 5:09 am
I don’t want it there by default. I just want it to be where I have control of it. I don’t like the fact that it jumps back to 12 through VDJ. I went 8 or 9 years with the mk1 and never had to worry about it virtually so I def have a certain way of liking things. I just am finding myself having to adjust the gain every single time and it’s annoying. Is there a script that I could create to override it?

Mensajes Sat 07 Dec 19 @ 6:59 pm
I was the same but the mk1 was hardware control. It's a different way of working but you'll get used to it. I did.

Mensajes Sat 07 Dec 19 @ 8:41 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)