Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Line Array Speakers

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So let’s talk about them......

Any of you mobile guys here use them and if you do which ones are you using ?? How’s the over all sound?? Do these produce a lot of bass (I play a lot of bass music)??

Are there other speakers you’d rather go with??

Right now I’m using self powered JBL everything, four 15” tops and four 18” subs.

It all sounds great and I’m totally happy with them but can I get the same sound out of a line array system with a smaller footprint??

Thanks for the your time and any info you can provide.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 3:36 pm
I use the Bose F1 system. Subs are static but the tops have an 8 speaker line array that can be curved to suit.

It's not a massively powerful system however it sounds gorgeous and does fine for all of my gigs. The bass is very very good and goes super low frequency.

The speaker curve does give better reach and it sounds very clear quite a distance away, but of course it also depends on the acoustics of the room.

There's no way it would compete with what you use but that would be overkill in the venues I work in, not to mention a major hassle to move about. The Bose easily fits in a Honda Civic with all of the other gear as well.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 5:33 pm
Do you really mean line array speakers - like this:

....or do you mean those sticks that get called line arrays but are closer to column speakers?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 6:04 pm
Yeah like these,

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 6:12 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I use the Bose F1 system. Subs are static but the tops have an 8 speaker line array that can be curved to suit.

It's not a massively powerful system however it sounds gorgeous and does fine for all of my gigs. The bass is very very good and goes super low frequency.

The speaker curve does give better reach and it sounds very clear quite a distance away, but of course it also depends on the acoustics of the room.

There's no way it would compete with what you use but that would be overkill in the venues I work in, not to mention a major hassle to move about. The Bose easily fits in a Honda Civic with all of the other gear as well.

Thanks Keith,

Yeah I was looking for something more portable but I don’t wanna sacrifice bass.

Guess I’ll probably stick with what I’m using then.

Thanks for the info

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 6:14 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Currently I'm using a couple of Turbosound IP3000 but I also carry two IP2000 for smaller events.
Can't be happier with all of them. They are punchy, easy to move and set-up and have a great sound overall.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 7:33 pm
Hmm the SPL on those doesn’t look to bad, might have to find one and check it out in person.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 9:11 pm
In My Opinion , there are no place for subtitution for a 12. 15 or 18 subs, because the frequency that can handle, from 35-100 Hz at certain power, you can use 10s , 8s even arrays of 3 or 4 inches drives for the highs and mids, and sounds great , and also is according of the size of the venue,

GK

Mensajes Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 9:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
GKAudiO DJ wrote :
In My Opinion , there are no place for subtitution for a 12. 15 or 18 subs, because the frequency that can handle, from 35-100 Hz at certain power,

Old school car guys use the phrase "There's no replacement for displacement." This is the equivalent of what you're saying.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jan 20 @ 9:30 pm
EV Evolve 50's is all you need ;-)

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 1:11 am
djtyme209 wrote :
EV Evolve 50's is all you need ;-)

The SPL on those isn’t very high when compared to what I’m using now. That Turbosound has a higher Max SPL then the EV.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 3:26 pm
You're never gonna get little sticks that have as much grunt as two pairs of "traditional" PA speakers like you've got. The physical difference is too great. They just won't move as much air.

Also it's best not to base everything off the max SPL figure. A lot of them are calculated/estimated from the 1W @ 1M dB figure. Chances are you'll never be able to run it that loud anyway.

Just to add a name to the mix, the FBT Vertus CLA 604A & CLA 208SA system is well regarded. Used by the likes of Denon DJ at their trade shows.
http://www.fbt.it/-/fbt-vertus-premiers-as-the-perfect-accompaniment-for-denon-dj-at-bpm

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 5:36 pm
Aah your probably right, I’ll just stick to what I have. Rather have to much then not enough. Plus it’s not like I use all 4 subs for every event. I’ve done some receptions where it’s just 2 tops and a sub.

Thanks guys

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 8:16 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)