Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Update to Phase

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

https://discjockeynews.com/phase-announced-with-full-integration-with-serato-dj-pro-right-out-of-the-box

Quote :
MWM announces the collaboration between Phase and Serato DJ Pro.
Thursday, January 16, 2020 — In 2019, MWM took up the challenge to release the very first wireless controller for DVS, Phase, only after a year and a half of product development. Eight months after the release, MWM prepares to unveil its ambitions for 2020, promising to be exciting.

A collaborative upgrade to take the DJ setup to the next level.
To get the year off to a good start, MWM has just announced at NAMM Show 2020, the collaboration between its product Phase, and Serato, the industry leader in DJ software.

Improving the communication between the product and the software, the development of this new integration will allow Phase to communicate with Serato DJ Pro directly through USB. This upgrade will hugely enhance the overall performances of Phase with Serato thanks to a powerful custom HID protocol.

Easier to set up getting rid of the RCA cables, more powerful and accurate, Phase will take the DJ setup to the next level.

Availability and key features.
This upgrade will be available to all Phase and Serato users and is expected to be officially released later in 2020.

• Plug’n’play
    No need to plug RCA cables anymore. Serato will directly read Phase through USB offering instant setup for the best possible experience.
  • Accuracy Improved
    Using a powerful HID protocol, Phase latency and accuracy have been improved like never before. Now digital control has never been so close to using real records!
  • A New Phase Experience
    Use Phase through USB as an Official Serato Accessory and access new features directly on Serato DJ Pro. Features will include special settings, customization and more.

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 3:50 pm
Phase has never worked properly in the first place , cant wait to see how badly this goes.

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 4:48 pm
Probably simple enough since they wil just be a HID based USB controller then...
But....
Then the whole "plug it into your DVS setup - it'll act the same except no cartridges needed and no skipping" that all the hype was based on is out the window?
Not sure that's a good move... Now they are just going to be another digital controller. Why not just buy 2 Rane Twelves then?

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 7:30 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
price difference is huge if you already have TT's.

well this is welcome but they're still missing a trick for analogue mixers, maybe another 12 months...

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 8:16 pm
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Phase has never worked properly in the first place , cant wait to see how badly this goes.

Absolutely zero issues what so ever with mine, even after the updates from them.

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 10:11 pm
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
klausmogensen wrote :

Not sure that's a good move... Now they are just going to be another digital controller. Why not just buy 2 Rane Twelves then?

exactly...you will have basically two twelves with a fraction of price

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 11:11 pm
So you've never had issues with it going into sleep mode or lagging?

Mensajes Fri 17 Jan 20 @ 3:21 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
So you've never had issues with it going into sleep mode or lagging?

Had some issues in Serato with them having drift but no issues at all with sleep mode or lag with VDJ or Traktor.

Mensajes Fri 17 Jan 20 @ 1:30 pm
Rumor mill in the groups is saying this will be ready to go and implemented by the end of the month for Serato, with Rekordbox integration happening very quickly soon after as well.

Is Atomix in discussion with MWM to have the new HID protocol integrated into VDJ as well? If not, this would be the first time ever that 2 competing software titles have a great feature that VDJ doesn't.

Mensajes Mon 10 Feb 20 @ 1:19 pm
that be sick!

Mensajes Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 10:28 am
I got a delivery yesterday, I was expecting a set of phase but for some reason they sent me a turkey.
Every 3 minutes or so one of the remotes would slow down, I'm not that bad at testing stuff, tested power methods, checked my system with latencyMon, I even put both remotes on to one turn table spindle, they couldn't hold sync for 15 second [small drift but how's that happening on one turntable?]

They sent me garbage, I'll give it one more round of testing but I don't think it will make a difference.
I'm sending them back.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 7:13 pm
dd u update the firmware on the remotes and base to the latest and greatest?

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 8:00 am
Yes all updated, calibrated, blah blah blah, last round of testing I tried everything I could with my audio interface [wasapi, asio, sample rates etc etc]
Sending them back to supplier as defective, will give them one more chance with a replacement.
It's a shame I was looking forward for months to play with them. But overall I've lost a lot of faith in the product.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 8:36 am
Wow...that's crazy. May have just been a one off lemon you got. I've had mine since Day 1. It has progressively gotten better and better with each software update and have had zero issues with it, other than the minimal occasional drift and the battery life could still be a bit better. I can't wait until the promised update of it being a HID device through USB. I know that will be a Serato thing when it happens, but hoping it will be implemented in for VDJ too.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 12:15 pm
locodog wrote :
Yes all updated, calibrated, blah blah blah, last round of testing I tried everything I could with my audio interface [wasapi, asio, sample rates etc etc]
Sending them back to supplier as defective, will give them one more chance with a replacement.
It's a shame I was looking forward for months to play with them. But overall I've lost a lot of faith in the product.

that sucks bro! good luck with the next set! its amazing when it works!

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 12:20 pm
Yeah it was fun break chasing again, watching the LED trail from vision persistence is a nice touch.
I don't know why everybody uses vinyl on a slipmat though, a slipmat on vinyl is far slippier.
Although I might go searching the vinyl pile for a couple of records that have 'dished' just right for that low friction feel.

Here's hoping the next set is right but I sort of feel I might have to buy and test instore given the amount of ways I've read they can be defective.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 12:55 pm

Mensajes Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 1:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)