Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: No Master Output on DDJ-RZX - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am running VDJ 2018 (v 8.3 b5186) on Windows 10 (v 10.0.18363.657 - lastest Feb 2020 builds) using the Pioneer DDJ-RZX and I get no Master output at all on the RZX (including the output meters) unless I first start (not with VDJ open) RekordBox, then close it, then start VDJ. Then VDJ works as it should.

If I exit VDJ, power off the RZX and then on, open VDJ - same problem is back and I have to repeat the above steps.

Why is this happening?

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 6:27 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 6:35 pm
Last note - meaning in the RZX config utility it must be set for 'Internal Mixer'?

If so, yes it is already set for Internal Mixer.

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 6:56 pm
Note: I am running VDJ 2018 versus VDJ 2020 because in VDJ 2020 and all 3 screens on the RZX go all crazy with unreadable lines, etc.

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 6:59 pm
Anyone using a DDJ-RZX and VDJ that are not having these issues, let me know what VDJ version/build you are running and I will change to that.

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 7:05 pm
Better to figure out what's wrong with 2020 and work from there.
Have you tried the newest build and what machine do you have.

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 7:07 pm
I found the fuzzy screen issue on all 3 screen of the DDJ-RZX only happens if using VDJ 2018 or 2020 64-bit version. 32-bit version of VDJ does not cause issues with the fuzzy screens.

The original issue of the Master Output happens on VDJ 2018 or 2020 (latest builds) 32-bit version

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 11:23 pm
did you download the screens with the x64 version?

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 11:28 pm
locodog wrote :
did you download the screens with the x64 version?

Yes

Mensajes Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 3:28 pm
pdschweitzer wrote :
Anyone using a DDJ-RZX and VDJ that are not having these issues, let me know what VDJ version/build you are running and I will change to that.

Anyone using the DDJ-RZX controller?

Mensajes Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 6:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you tried with the latest Builds ?
5504 (latest released)
5541 (latest early access)

Mensajes Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 6:32 pm
djdad wrote :
Have you tried with the latest Builds ?
5504 (latest released)
5541 (latest early access)

Yes - issues still the same

Mensajes Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 8:35 pm
VDJ tech support will not respond to my emails....

Who is having any issues with this?

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 1:11 am
Hello, no need to open rekordbox before VDJ, only while playing any song inside VDJ change the sample rate to 96000 then back to 44100 or 48000. But you need to do it every time where no soound output.

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 10:09 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
This appears not to be specific to the DDJ-RZX controller, maybe not VDJ only related
For that, map a custom button with "apply_audio_config"
This will cut sound for a very short time only <1s
Resets the audio engine, restores back ASIO which crackles and WASAPI with no sound

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 12:19 am
I have the same problem

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 2:05 pm
Yes, you told us in another thread, two hours ago. Did you try the suggestions given in both threads?

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 2:23 pm
Hey VDJ Support - when will you ever work on these unresolved issues (no master output and fuzzy screens) with the DDJ-RZX?

Mensajes Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 10:07 pm
Your issues, are system specific. So, unless we find a similar system that misbehaves the same way and be able to analyze it and see what's going wrong, there's not much we can do.

The sound issue that happens sometimes, is a known issue with known workarounds. It's a Windows 10 + RZX drivers problem. Either Microsoft or Pioneer needs to address it (more likely Pioneer)*

The screen issue, is not something we can reproduce. Screens work fine here in almost 10 different systems... (3 MAC's and 6 or 7 Windows Desktops and Laptops)

Conclusion:
We don't know (nor imply) if your unit is faulty, but you should first check that it works fine in all aspects with Rekordbox DJ.
If it does, it's not a faulty unit and we can troubleshoot some things.
If it doesn't then it's your unit that has issues, or a generic system issue

PS: DDJ-RZX screens work via a network connection. (LAN over USB).
ANYTHING that could intervene with your network connection(s) could be a possible cause for your screen issue...
Antivirus, Firewall, Network Traffic Monitoring...
We don't know your system... But at least as a test you should turn everything off and try just with the absolutely necessary tasks running in the background.

*Before somebody asks:
RekordboxDJ is made by Pioneer, who has also made the RZX drivers.
RekordboxDJ "knows" how to make a special call on the drivers and "reset" them.
VirtualDJ cannot do that as Pioneer has not revealed the necessary info to other applications. Nor it's done via MIDI/HID commands on the controller.
RekordboxDJ does a direct call on the drivers.
That's why RekordboxDJ "does not" suffer this issue. (It does not appear to suffer this issue, but the issue is still happening)
Also, until May 2019 I think, RZX drivers did not had any issues. They worked perfectly with VirtualDJ.
They started misbehaving after a Windows update.
I know that for sure since at the time I was using RZX everyday on my own gigs.

Mensajes Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 9:50 am
Hello All, I own a DDJ-RZX too and I am so happy with it. I have no screen issues, I have only the output issue that cut off randomly. But I did a workaround yesterday at home and would like to share it with you. I've used an external sound card and configure it as a second master output beside the RZX master in the audio section (but be sure to use the RZX in internal mode), so now I have two stereo outputs, 1st going from RZX to the main PA mixer, the 2nd from external sound card to the main PA mixer, if something happened with the RZX output I will switch directly to the other by increasing its own volume, but I think I risk losing the PFL function on the RZX, am I right ??? I have no answer to this because I tried to play nearly three hours waiting for the output issue to happen so I can test my workaround, but sadly when I needed it to happen it didn't HAHA. Your feedback is welcomed.

Mensajes Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 7:54 am
95%