Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: No MIDI informations on CDJ-2000 NEXUS 2!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi!

I haven't played on the Pioneer CDJ-2000 NEXUS 2 player for a longer time...
Past weekend I had them twice in a row...
On the first evening I was wondering why there were:
- NO "BIG" WAVEFORM
- NO "SMALL" WAVEFORM
- NO CUE COLORS
- NO CUE INFORMASTIONS AT ALL
- NO BROWSER

The only things that worked were the player's LEDs like:
Vinyl-Mode, Cue/Play, Reverse, Loops, etc. as well as the Jog-Display in the center.
And there also were informations about the pitch-value and the remaining time of the track on the display.
Every button worked completely, even those on the displays (BeatJump & Loops).
I tried different mappings, including factory default and some older ones I previously made...
I also tried restarting the players, restarting my laptop, but no solution here.
So I played like this and everything worekd fine, exept of the of the player only showing the Rekordbox Logo or a frozen "connecting symbol" (which comes up if you press the USB"-Source" button in the left ofd the display, and then choose the player).

THE SECOND EVENING:

I had a further look on it and updated the firmware of the players as well as the driver/software and tried various things to get it running but still the same problem.
I played without any problem again, but the player stayed like a dumb passive controller with absolutely no visual feedback.

It's not that I can't play like that... I barely look directly at the player...
But maybe there is a bigger problem on my system, or the entire VDJ/CDJ-combination, so I thought it is a good idea to post it.

Any ideas or experiences here?

Specs:
MacBook PRO13 - 2011 with Bootcamp on WIN7 - always the latest version of VDJ (early & beta).
We talk about different players on both evenings.

Mensajes Sun 23 Feb 20 @ 10:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just gave it a try here, and waveform and the rest of the display is showing up fine. (firmware 1.85, tried Windows 10 64-bit and macOS 10.15)

Mensajes Sun 23 Feb 20 @ 11:56 am
Adion wrote :
Just gave it a try here, and waveform and the rest of the display is showing up fine. (firmware 1.85, tried Windows 10 64-bit and macOS 10.15)

Strange...
What else could be a reason exept of the mapping, firmware & software side?
I did not disable any process and on Win7 it used to run fine since the first day...
I also changed to USB-Cables, even if there weren't any latencies or dropouts.

What can I try next (besides an other laptop or give it a shot with rekordbox)?

Mensajes Sun 23 Feb 20 @ 8:48 pm
Adion wrote :

I got news!
I tried different Computers and everything worked fine on each system.
Finally I did a new installation of VDJ on my main Laptop which I'm djing with.
It showed that in build 5504 the CDJ's displays are working absolutely fine.
As soon as I installed build 5522 they stopped working!
I tried that a few times and the result is always the same.
5504 works - 5522 not.

But what wonders me:
It only seems to be on this one single system.
I reinstalled all drivers, and disabled the firewall... But always the same...
On other Computers, no matter if 32 or 64-bit, it works in every build.

Any ideas?

Mensajes Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 1:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does it work with your other computers and Build 5522 ?

Mensajes Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 8:01 pm
djdad wrote :
Does it work with your other computers and Build 5522 ?

I just did a more indepth test again and as far as I tried it, it seemed to work with other systems.

And to be sure that it is not an error in the mapping
(as we had with the DJM-9000NXS2:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/228999/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/No_Input_with_Pioneer_DJM-900NXS2_SOLVED_.html?search=tomecode%20900nxs2&page=1)

or some messed up internal files,
I uninstalled VirtualDJ (including ALL settings and databases) AND everything regarding Rekordbox and the CDJ-Drivers.

Then I did a clean installation of VirtualDJ without any old files and testes it again with the same result.
After that I installed the latest Rekordbox-version again and let rekordbox even install its audio driver for the CDJs.
Before and after that the CDJs worked fine in Rekord, but not from Build 5522 upwards.
The latest Build that works is 5504, but only on my main Laptop which usually worked since the first day with barely problems.
Every problem that I had was kinda self-made and could be fixed... But this came from nothing and confuses me a lot.
I don't know if this may have something to do with the 32-bit version, Windows 7, or that VDJ BETA was installed on this pc... (I tried 32 & 64-bit on my Windows 10 PC and it works in every Build.)

The only thing that I can rule out is that it is due to damaged system files
(such as drivers, mappings or some corrupted internal software files).

Mensajes Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 9:53 am
ljaxisPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello,
i have the same problem. Directly after installing one of the latest upgrades for VDJ, the displays of my NXS2 are showing nearly nothing.
I am now thinking about upgrading my OS from win 7pro to 10. Perhaps the problem is the OS and VDJ changing something to work better with win10?
I don´t know. I am using a alienware gaming PC with win 7pro 16GB and I7.
Sorry for my bad english! If somebody find a solution please tell. :-)

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 3:42 pm
Can you all check with latest Early Access 5680 ?

Mensajes Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 12:04 am
ljaxisPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi djdad,

after updating to Build 5680 and testing/mixing for nearly 2 hours, I can say that the displays are working fine under win7 again.
I´am really happy that there is no need to change my running system in this time.
Thanks for your support!

Mensajes Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 7:29 pm
So finally I got the chance to test it again.
As far as I saw it works just like it was before, so everything seems to be perfect.

One little thing I noticed while the track is loaded:
The Cue-button-LEDs on the players react to setting and deleting cues though, but they don't react to changing hot-cue-colors or to the colors send with pad_shift. As I reloaded the track the colors were updated, so they were correct again.
But what I find more important are the pad_shift-colors to be visible on the player's buttons.

Maybe you find a way to work this out if you want, but I'm already happy that this works again!
And I have to say thanks to this strong team behind this company... Great work! <3

Mensajes Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 9:57 am
and that is only on Win 7 ?

EDIT. We found an issue with the cue_color action.. i suppose you are using this to set a new color , right ? If so, will be fixed, and not related to Win 7 probbaly.

Mensajes Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 6:58 pm
djdad wrote :
and that is only on Win 7 ?

When SHIFT is pressed, do the HC Leds blink between their color and off ?

I only testest it with windows 7 because there was no computer with windows 10 available.
So therefore I can't tell how it is on other systems (I can manage to test it in the next days if you want).

The HC-Leds don't change their colors at al while the track is loaded. So no shift / padshift or hotcue color reactions at all while the track is loaded.
If the track gets RELOADED the colors become correct, but still no reaction to shift.

EDIT:
Saw your edit after writing my answer :D
Sounds great! If the fix is available in the next days I can test it. At the latest I will be back on the players by Saturday, but I have the possibility to get access to them earlier if you need me to test it.

Mensajes Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 7:22 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
How do you change the colors of the hotcues?

As for shift, the buttons on the cdj are not pads, they only show hotcues. The color they have is always the same as the color of the hotcues on the waveform.

Mensajes Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 7:26 pm
Adion wrote :
How do you change the colors of the hotcues?

As for shift, the buttons on the cdj are not pads, they only show hotcues. The color they have is always the same as the color of the hotcues on the waveform.

I use the "cue_color"-command as you suspected.
Like this: cue_color 1 'yellow'
(I can't think of another way to change them at the moment, is there one?)
I do it over the pad_menu via rightclick in my skins pads.
I experimented a little with those LEDs and as far as I saw the colors from the pads / padshift don't get updated.
But at least the cue_colors should update since they change the color of the cues, as it is visible in the waveform, or?

Mensajes Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 7:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)