Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: is there a Fix for the Renaming../Renaming Issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

so I did a virtual folder for exists=0 to find dead links..
I was able to move files to the orginal location and then in Virtual DJ move them back so it droped down the dead links
but there is a bug..
1.. when I have less then 800 dead links.. how can it be taking over a week to do renaming
2.. if I close the virtual dj and load back up it brings back all the dead links again but yet it dropped them..
3.. when I do the relocate missing file and it finds it.. its re writing the TAGS from the fine name.. it shouldn't be erasing the file tags and re writing them.. and there is no option to disable WRITE TAGS from FILE NAMES...
4.. it seems that its renaming../renaming my entire database of 150k+ of music videos music my backup ed cds etc... I think its writing the tags of every single file..
how can I monitor what its actually doing.. and also stop writing tags.. as over a week it should have done whatever renaming or it should have done it it instantly.

I had 5000 dead links when I moved the folder properly in VDJ I went from 5000 to 800 … but whats it renaming and if renaming../renaming flashes every 1 seconds it should be done by now...

is there anything I can check.. and why if I close virtual it shows the dead links yet the Documents folder shows those .vdj files are now gone so there shouldn't be dead links for C: but are not properly located on my E: drive

5.. also if I highlight the dead links in my Virtual Folder to delete dead links.. I choose delete but nothing deletes.. it just continues with the renaming../renaming

I think when you renaming or relocating should take under 10 min to fix the links when it goes instantly once you move the files in VDJ and not over a week but I could be wrong

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 11:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
2. That probably means the paths are in a virtual folder or playlist that has not been updated yet
3. setTagsAuto is the option that automatically writes tags
4. Hover your mouse over the 'renaming...' text to see the tooltip, this should give some more information on what it is doing and where it may possibly be stuck
5. Since you mentioned 'exists=0' at the start of your post, I assume you meant filter folder, not virtual folder? A filter folder just shows content based on the database, so you can't really delete anything from it.

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 6:52 am
ah ok ya I ment filter... as I thought I could delete but its taking forever

how do I get the tips page back as I clicked X on it..

any Ive already set the SetTagsAuto to No prior to this noticing taking things forever..
and that didn't help

can I load up the Tips so I can see what the Renaming Renaming is doing
as this should have fixed in no time.. unless its writing tags when it shouldn't be?
ill try looking for how to get the tips back till a reply

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 1:02 pm
sorry my disylexia I read the tool tip wrong

so when I hover the mouse over renaming../renaming it shows

renaming..
renaming..

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 1:05 pm
is it possible the software or the config file is glitched
where its set to AutoTagsOn=No but its really doing Yes? is that possible

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 1:15 pm
ive also tried this on 3 computers too

clean install plugged my external in set the AutoTragsOn=No
and I downloaded the latest version
and it still does the renaming renaming once I move some files to proper folder in VDJ that's why I thinking maybe its defaulting ON no matter what I do.. maybe there is another setting I need to set?...

ive also tried setting all those to NO for the tags doesn't matter just keeps renaming etc and yes I closed the program restarted it made them all NO then re copied the files to the old location and then in VDJ re moved them back to the new location and then it does the renaming renaming as you see in the pic

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 1:25 pm
setTagsNo just means it will not write tags (since you mentioned earlier that you thought that was the problem)

The 'Rename...' is done whenever a file in the database is renamed or moved, in which case it will look through all your virtual folders and playlists and update any references to the old name.
It is odd that no additional info is shown though, will check what that might be.

Are you using the latest update of VirtualDJ?

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 1:53 pm
ah ok but should it be taking a week? and why if I close vdj it wont resume this renaming
yes im using the latest I downloaded from the website and then I was getting this renaming as soon as I loaded it up

because
when I did the Filter folder exisits=0
it found music dead links
in my c:\!laptop music\<folder>
but I have them on e:\music\<folder>

and if vdj crashed or I needed to reboot comp it starts over.. it be nice a separate program that did all this and maybe something aster?
so what I do is I copy the <folder> from E: to the C:\laptop music and then MOVE back through VDJ

reason I was doing this I didn't like your RElocate missing file

when you use it I noticed there is no batch so you cant select 5000 files and search and let it do it on its sown
so what I did was I had a weight on the ENTER key and it was doing it I noticed if you just hold ENTER key down it will move onto the next file
but it was also writing tags... but the issue was if it came to a file it couldn't find it would halt... and if you click cancel or X it wouldn't continue to the NEXT file it just operated the whole process. which is totally frustrating

so I did the move thing.. but I finding it taking days to search the database.. frig It shouldn't take this long.. that's why im thinking its renaming tags when it shouldn't.. I cant tell I cant tell where it is or what its doing.. all I see is the renaming

but I know using the RELOCATE missing file will automatically renam the tags from the file name and that's what I suspect is going on

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 5:01 pm
I currently have it on another computer running so I don't touch it really just letting it do its thing
been running 18 hours or so so far since I set them all to no ..
its frustrating how it can take this time when you do a batch add to search database never takes this long
as the database didn't have the dead links
just the virtual folders had the dead links and I was trying to fix the virtual folders

in the past I even tried a search file utility searches each vdj file and I told it
find c:\!laptop music and change it to e:\music but it seems it never worked as it had brough the files back to the windows document folder

so nothing has worked it seems

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 5:08 pm
@Adion
any luck yet? been 6 days since I posted and computer still renaming..renaming
so im sure its writing tags to the entire database and not what it was supposed to do only fix the dead links

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 7:27 pm
bump

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 12:39 pm
An update should be available soon that fixes the status message, then we can tell more about what might be going wrong exactly.

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 12:44 pm
ah ok I turned off computer today.. after 2 1/2 weeks of running non stop renaming renaming
and with this covid19 and more and more less working I figured you or anyone was working anymore so I gave up
I was going to just wait...
as this covid19 is bad..

but that's cool there is a fix least for the renaming reanming words anyways coming... then probably it wont happen lol always happens you try to recreate then it doesn't happen and they say your crazy there was nothing wrong in first place lol

but I appreciate it.. I figured you might have gotten covid or not working since I hadn't heard... tough we are all isolating in Ontario in Canada or supposed to be

I hope you and the rest of your staff are good health (:

Mensajes Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 1:31 am
Thanks, we are all ok and working from home now :)

Mensajes Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 6:09 am
your welcome (:

Mensajes Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 11:32 am
Hi, The same thing with my new virtual dj 2021, i have 2 hard drivers in mac high sierra, with 2 hard drivers inside and 2 external hard drivers, always i connect one disk by one, and i open virtual DJ but i don't know why virtual scann every time, this supposed have the Data Base always the same i never delete videos or files so i don't know why since virtual dj 2020 is happening. hope you guys undestand my englis.

Mensajes Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 6:12 pm
i found the fix. if you bought the audio member and you was paying for it and now is end, just delete the cache folder of virtual. tell me if this works for you.

Mensajes Thu 27 Aug 20 @ 6:05 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)