Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: audio glitches

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Please...I need help...I've used the Denon HC4500 for 10 years now the latency jumps up causing the audio to glitch in slow motion, my Denon MCX 8000 it has little skips, my Denon 7000 skips and my Roland 707M has audio drop outs. All of these things happen about 12 times in a night. There are some nights where if I reboot after it happens for each of my controllers I can have some gigs where I have a flawless night. I don't know what I do differently to have a night where there are no issues. My plan was to finally just get a new laptop but now without work I can't afford it. I really feel like it's just a weird setting or something conflicting within my laptop. Any ideas? Please.

PC laptop 4 years old
Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit operating system
Intel Core i7-4910MQ CPU @2.9GHz
Ram 16GB

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:05 pm
Give us a little more info on where this happens...

Are (were) you DJing a regular venue, or different ones every time? Are you using any other kit as well (lights, fog/haze)?

As it seems so across the board with various hardware, maybe it's the environment?

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:20 pm
Different venues. All kinds of different shows....karaoke, video, regular mp3....my laptop only has the controller and an external drive plugged in for videos.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:23 pm
What brand is the laptop? Some are notorious for audio problems. Do you not have another laptop (different brand) you could try?

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:29 pm

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:32 pm
groovindj wrote :
What brand is the laptop? Some are notorious for audio problems. Do you not have another laptop (different brand) you could try?

My laptop is a Eurocom

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:40 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
audio dropouts/glitches are almost always due to audio buffer running out.
If you are using Asio drivers, try set a higher buffer. Or set latency higher in VirtualDJ settings. Try with 256 or 512 samples (or even 1024 if needed)

Can also use these two tools to check what prevents "real time" audio at your computer :
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

Thank you. I have never tried a latency check.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:45 pm
groovindj wrote :

I know it has something to do with my laptop as others have used my controllers with no issues, I was really hoping to try and solve my issue with my laptop if at all possible. :(

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:48 pm
djspanky wrote :
I have never tried a latency check.

Well that's the first place to start. Your various devices may well have different ASIO drivers, so you may need to adjust each separately.

I didn't mention that because I assumed you'd been there first...

BTW who changed the thread title? It doesn't make sense now.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
djspanky wrote :
I have never tried a latency check.

Well that's the first place to start. Your various devices may well have different ASIO drivers, so you may need to adjust each separately.

I didn't mention that because I assumed you'd been there first...

BTW who changed the thread title? It doesn't make sense now.

lol. I don't know who changed the thread title. Yes, I knew about latency but with your specific directions I can now test. Thank you.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 6:59 pm
Hey guys,

I've also found that changing the pitchQuality setting under "Performance" makes a huge difference. I never have an issue if I'm DJ'ing normally but as soon as I do something that is more CPU demanding, like playing Video, changing this to 0 is the perfect fix. I'm using a Denon MC6000mk2 and have the latency set to 512.

Mensajes Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 8:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)