Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Unable to set the 'assign_controller' to the active deck (controlling 4 decks with 2)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DVinylPRO SubscriberMember since 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to make use of my Hercules DJ Console (Mk. 1 <- yes I know, old school :-) ) in an attempt to control 4 decks in Virtual DJ.

I have setup the PFL script from the VDJScript example: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Control%204%20decks%20with%20a%202%20deck%20controller.html

select ? device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? on & deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : on & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck ? on & deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : on & deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select : select

But unfortunately the controller does not move to the selected deck, all controls stay with the original deck. For example, (in Pro mode) if I click the PFL button on the left side of the controller it does move C -> A in the left active deck and change the top waveform to C along with the headphone audio changed to C. But all the controls on the left side (jogwheel, filters, play/pause etc) are still with deck A, not C.

I would like to change the control to the active deck, either with separate DJ Console button mapped to it or when the PFL is selected. I did add "assign_controller" to the example script after each select, but this did not work as expected, with the controller not assigning correctly and controlling left/right sides incorrectly.

select ? device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? on & deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select & deck 3 assign_controller : on & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select & deck 1 assign_controller : deck 2 rightdeck ? on & deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select & deck 4 assign_controller : on & deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select & deck 2 assign_controller : select

Not sure if the issue is with my "old" controller and the "select" verb should then mean the controller should take control of the specific deck, or if there's another verb/command that can be used to make the controller control the active deck?

My main aim is to be able to control all 4 decks with a 2 deck controller, moving all left/right controls of the DJ controller to the active/selected deck. So I can be playing an active track in Deck 1 (Deck A), put it into a loop and then swap the active track in Deck 1 with Deck 3 (Deck C) to then control this track with the controller, leaving Deck A looping and swapping between them with the PFL button when I need to take control of the relevant track.

Would appreciate any help and advise on this :-)

Thanks,

DV

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 1:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which decks are currently selected in the Controller options?
For the first script that changes leftdeck/rightdeck to work, in controller options you should have the dj console assigned to left, right and not to 1, 2

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 2:44 pm
DVinylPRO SubscriberMember since 2007
WOW, as simple as that!

I changed the controller settings to Left/Right, instead of the default (Automatic 1,2) and it's working perfect :-)

Thanks,

DV

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 3:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)